Confirmed: 4xe Rubicon (and prob Sahara too) sit approx 1" higher from factory

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
It's been spattered about on this forum in places that people were reporting that the 4xe was sitting higher than regular JLUs on the lots (and that sales people and service people were saying it was true as well), and I confirmed today at the local dealership that the 4xe (at least Rubicon, assuming the same holds true for Sahara) sits about 1" higher all around than the corresponding non-4xe Rubicon. Measured two 4xe Rubicons and a bunch of non-4xe Rubicons, and the 4xes were ~1" higher. It's quite noticeable when they are sitting next to each other on the lot.
Sponsored

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
It's been spattered about on this forum in places that people were reporting that the 4xe was sitting higher than regular JLUs on the lots (and that sales people and service people were saying it was true as well), and I confirmed today at the local dealership that the 4xe (at least Rubicon, assuming the same holds true for Sahara) sits about 1" higher all around than the corresponding non-4xe Rubicon. Measured two 4xe Rubicons and a bunch of non-4xe Rubicons, and the 4xes were ~1" higher. It's quite noticeable when they are sitting next to each other on the lot.
What are you using as a point of reference?
I have a High Altitude 4xe so I can get you some measurements if you are keeping a log.
I presume the High Altitude is same ride height as Sahara? The Sahara 4xes come with the same 20" wheels I believe.....

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Making a 3rd thread about this makes it more difficult for people to find information and keep things organized in the forum. I made a thread about this in April, in which I measured my 2021 JLUR 4xe against a 2021 JLUR non-4xe, all other options being equal. You then made another thread saying the same thing a week later. Now you've made another thread saying it's confirmed because you also measured.

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Making a 3rd thread about this makes it more difficult for people to find information and keep things organized in the forum. I made a thread about this in April, in which I measured my 2021 JLUR 4xe against a 2021 JLUR non-4xe, all other options being equal. You then made another thread saying the same thing a week later. Now you've made another thread saying it's confirmed because you also measured.
My apologies. I didn't know about your thread, and I forgot about mine because it was posted as a question originally.

This has come up a ton of times within threads that were not about the specific subject, and my intention was to make it known to the general 4xe public that I had confirmed numerous times over the last few days. The intention certainly wasn't to create confusion.

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
My apologies. I didn't know about your thread, and I forgot about mine because it was posted as a question originally.

This has come up a ton of times within threads that were not about the specific subject, and my intention was to make it known to the general 4xe public that I had confirmed numerous times over the last few days. The intention certainly wasn't to create confusion.
Nothing to apologize for. Being unable to chat in person makes things sound harsher in text.

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I confirmed that the Sahara's (assumed) also are 1" higher. I picked up my Sahara on Saturday, and it was sitting higher as suspected.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xE

I am new here so I appreciate the update. I might not have discovered this if it was buried etc...

Artidemic13

First Name
GD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sahara 4xe
Thanks for this information, very helpful to see it confirmed.
I just got my Sahara 4xe about a month ago (yeah, I probably should have gotten the Rubicon, but it was beyond my pay grade, even more so than the already costly Sahara). So Iā€™m about to throw new wheels and tires on there (285/70R17 KO2s) and am trying to figure out if I can get away without a lift. This is my daily driver, but not a mall-crawler per se. This thing will often go off road, though more along the lines of fire roads and two tracks (overlanding type stuff) instead of super aggressive rock crawling.
Given the extra 1 inch of lift on the 4xe Sahara, any thoughts among the more experienced JL folks out there on whether Iā€™ll be good without a lift? Probably OK in the wheel wells, but the suspension clearance is the issue, I suppose (i.e. with the wider tire: the stock tires on the 4xe Sahara are 275/55R20). Maybe with sufficient backspacing/offset? Iā€™m considering Rubi take-offs (thought this wouldnā€™t solve the backspace/offset issue), strictly for economic reasons, but Iā€™m tempted by aftermarket rims so I can get what I really want.
Would love to have feedback from anyone willing to share wisdom.
Thanks
GD

Sponsored

Espyr

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe High Altitude
Thanks for this information, very helpful to see it confirmed.
I just got my Sahara 4xe about a month ago (yeah, I probably should have gotten the Rubicon, but it was beyond my pay grade, even more so than the already costly Sahara). So Iā€™m about to throw new wheels and tires on there (285/70R17 KO2s) and am trying to figure out if I can get away without a lift. This is my daily driver, but not a mall-crawler per se. This thing will often go off road, though more along the lines of fire roads and two tracks (overlanding type stuff) instead of super aggressive rock crawling.
Given the extra 1 inch of lift on the 4xe Sahara, any thoughts among the more experienced JL folks out there on whether Iā€™ll be good without a lift? Probably OK in the wheel wells, but the suspension clearance is the issue, I suppose (i.e. with the wider tire: the stock tires on the 4xe Sahara are 275/55R20). Maybe with sufficient backspacing/offset? Iā€™m considering Rubi take-offs (thought this wouldnā€™t solve the backspace/offset issue), strictly for economic reasons, but Iā€™m tempted by aftermarket rims so I can get what I really want.
Would love to have feedback from anyone willing to share wisdom.
Thanks
GD
I have a High Altitude, and bought wheels with the following:
  • Offset: -6mm; Backspacing: 4.7-inches
I also upgraded to 35x12.50R17. The tires and wheels arrived prior to the lift I got, and I went ahead and installed them. Had no issues with rubbing whatsoever, and still had some room between the fenders and wheels for some suspension flex. Not a ton but honestly probably enough for the situations you're describing. Your 285 tires are about an inch and a half slimmer than mine, so you may not even need much backspacing, if any.

Artidemic13

First Name
GD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sahara 4xe
Thanks Espyr,
That's helpful. Yeah, coming to the same conclusion. For my purposes, I think I'll be OK without a lift. I'm looking at a wheel with 0mm offset and 4.75" backspacking, which I think should work with the 285s. I'll drive it for a while, take it off road, see how it does, and if there are issues, I can add a lift down the line.
Sponsored