Sponsored

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I didnt think that my Jeep had an issue with the steering but I asked about this tsb while getting another tsb done (passenger seat fix) and my dealer ordered the parts after a short test drive. Boy am I glad I asked. It took a couple months for the new steering box to come in but now that it’s in the steering is so much tighter/stiffer. I was expecting to barely notice but it’s a huge difference. If you are even thinking about it than definitely get it done.
Sponsored

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I'm waiting on a new box, but they tell me the diesel box won't be available till 1st qtr of '21. I guess there's a difference somewhere.

Reactions: RXR

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I need to find a dealer to do it. Or accept trusting a dealer's service dept.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I dropped off my Jeep last night for the real steel steering deal.The first time I had dropped it off, they put another aluminum gear box on it. When I dropped my Jeep off the service manager happen to be there and I said, you know how to tell, if you have the right gear box, put a magnet on it, he laughed!
One thing I forgot to mention, on my slip it showed that they updated the computer software, even though they put on the old aluminum gear box, I was wondering, if maybe the software update made it fell better, even though it had an aluminum gear box?

Last edited:

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Chrysler called me out of the blue yesterday to bring my Jeep in to have this TSB performed. I brought in my Jeep about a year and half ago and my dealer insisted that there weren't any issues. I'm guessing there was some record of this that prompted Chrysler to call me. They asked if I still had issues, I told them yes and they immediately got my dealer on the line. Fingers crossed this will actually be fixed on my Jeep!

Sponsored

Jeep340

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
We had the Iron box installed per the TSB two weeks ago. 2020 JL Willys 2 door. Totally different car, experience. I cannot find words to describe how horrid it was to drive the JL before the new box. could never keep the jeep going straight down the around. Pure garbage driving experience. The new box cured all those problems. Feels like a two door jeep now.

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
Just got a call, the parts are in, going Dec 28th for the fix.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Just had mine done yesterday. Only put about 20 miles on it, but what a difference! Much tighter on center.. Well worth getting it done.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I had my aluminum box replaced with the TSB box this week, the difference is night and day. I also have no dead spots and every thing is rock solid. The only thing I will caution folks on is have some fluid available. when I picked mine up from the dealer the reservoir was full, I drove some miles that afternoon and parked it at home. The next morning I checked the reservoir and it was empty, not low EMPTY. I filled it up drove around town and again checked and it had dropped just a little. I topped it of and have no further fluid drops in the past couple days.

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
I have a 2021 JL Sport S and I did notice there is hardly any "dead zone" steering. Will have to check mine tomorrow to see if I really do have the new box....

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Just got my ‘21 JLURD in July, installed my lift (Metalcloak 3.5 Dual rate which I had on my JTR) and 37’s and the steering is awful. Very ratchety. I had the TSB done on my Gladiator but never really had any steering issues with my JT even with 37’s. I can attest my ‘21 JL has the painted steel box, but I think there are still issues.

Jdoostyle

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Just got my ‘21 JLURD in July, installed my lift (Metalcloak 3.5 Dual rate which I had on my JTR) and 37’s and the steering is awful. Very ratchety. I had the TSB done on my Gladiator but never really had any steering issues with my JT even with 37’s. I can attest my ‘21 JL has the painted steel box, but I think there are still issues.
Any updates on this? I have a 9/21 build JLU on 37s and 2 inch mopar lift and the steering is bad. It is so sloppy with so much play in the steering wheel causing oversteering corrections. The dealer is blaming it on the tires which are KO2s. There has to be a fix to just tighten up the steering.
Sponsored