Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Good to know. If I buy a JL, it will be a 2021.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Anyone had this installed with a Synergy track bar brace? Dealership is saying the new bolts are too short to properly engage with the extra 1/4" plate the brace adds so aborting.

May need to pull the brace and bring it back in without, and source longer bolts.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Anyone had this installed with a Synergy track bar brace? Dealership is saying the new bolts are too short to properly engage with the extra 1/4" plate the brace adds so aborting.

May need to pull the brace and bring it back in without, and source longer bolts.
Damn. I hope that’s not the case. Just dropped mine off this morning for the screen and mentioned the TSB to the rep. He called a bit ago and said it was ready and they’d have the box in for tomorrow and if I wanted to leave it. Told them to go ahead and address the TSB. Shoot. Now I’m wondering.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
my dealer had no issues installing the steering box with the synergy brace. bolts were fine

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Well, talked to the dealer this morning and it’s a no go. They don’t want to touch mine because of the steering improvements I did in the first place to help with the steering wander. What a joke. So open for suggestions for a dealer willing to do it in south Texas up to San Antonio/ Houston. Although, I did have doubts about getting it done as my steering doesn’t seem as bad as others here describe and I was very hesitant about letting the dealer touch my steering stuff.

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Just got mine done and: holy shit. No more directional roulette at highway speeds, and it feels a touch tighter at lower speeds.

No wonder it’s on the 2021+ models.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
my dealer had no issues installing the steering box with the synergy brace. bolts were fine
Elyria, huh? Where did you go by chance? I'm over in Solon but would prefer to go to a known good dealer. I bought mine in North Olmsted but willing to travel for a slam-dunk TSB fix.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elyria, huh? Where did you go by chance? I'm over in Solon but would prefer to go to a known good dealer. I bought mine in North Olmsted but willing to travel for a slam-dunk TSB fix.
I took mine to North Olmsted (that's where I bought it) Talk to Frank Knoll he knew exactly what to do.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Well, talked to the dealer this morning and it’s a no go. They don’t want to touch mine because of the steering improvements I did in the first place to help with the steering wander. What a joke. So open for suggestions for a dealer willing to do it in south Texas up to San Antonio/ Houston. Although, I did have doubts about getting it done as my steering doesn’t seem as bad as others here describe and I was very hesitant about letting the dealer touch my steering stuff.
Did you bring them donuts?

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you bring them donuts?
you must have done serious mods since most dealers will whine and then JeepCares gets them to do it anyway.
I would reach out to jeepcares for intervention.

other option is buy the parts do it yourself and have the dealer do the reflash. It’s an easy install..

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
you must have done serious mods since most dealers will whine and then JeepCares gets them to do it anyway.
I would reach out to jeepcares for intervention.

other option is buy the parts do it yourself and have the dealer do the reflash. It’s an easy install..
You did yours yourself?

They’re just giving me a hard time about the steering brace. They let me know they still ordered my box in case I wanted to pull the brace off then take it back in. Guess see what happens.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
You did yours yourself?

They’re just giving me a hard time about the steering brace. They let me know they still ordered my box in case I wanted to pull the brace off then take it back in. Guess see what happens.
They would not do it with the track bar brace on the vehicle. Liability to mess with something aftermarket. They were good about it, will bring them donuts next time ;)

Will take it off this week. They told me they have the parts set aside for me and will hold them.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
They would not do it with the track bar brace on the vehicle. Liability to mess with something aftermarket. They were good about it, will bring them donuts next time ;)

Will take it off this week. They told me they have the parts set aside for me and will hold them.
I would show them the thread of a Jeep tech that actually did it with brace. Matter of fact he actually fixed the sector shaft for the customer by spinning back in place and filling with red loctite. He didnt post that part on here but he did on FB.
Sponsored