recartier

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep sport
Ah, thank you, I fully understand now.
I found that it gets worse at higher ambient temperatures. In my case it was a hot day when the dealer did a test drive for the TSB and noted the steering wander and pull to the right.. They Ordered the new Steering box per the TSB .. :)

Advertisement

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
i reiterate the test the dealer is supposed to do is NOT a driving review...it’s a diagnostic of other system to make sure there’s not a problem with any other related system.
They have no business even asking to test drive your Jeep.
Tell them to read the TSB and follow it exactly.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
Mine went in this morning for both the steering box TSB and to put Rock Krawler spring pads on the front. My Mopar lift driver side spring pad has deformed and allowed the spring to start bowing to the point it is close to contacting the bump stop. Not there yet, but close.

Anyway, I'll post up on the steering box when I get her back this afternoon.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Mini Countryman S
Good to know. If I buy a JL, it will be a 2021.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Anyone had this installed with a Synergy track bar brace? Dealership is saying the new bolts are too short to properly engage with the extra 1/4" plate the brace adds so aborting.

May need to pull the brace and bring it back in without, and source longer bolts.

72Blazer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Blazer 07.5 Duramax 18 JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Anyone had this installed with a Synergy track bar brace? Dealership is saying the new bolts are too short to properly engage with the extra 1/4" plate the brace adds so aborting.

May need to pull the brace and bring it back in without, and source longer bolts.
Damn. I hope that’s not the case. Just dropped mine off this morning for the screen and mentioned the TSB to the rep. He called a bit ago and said it was ready and they’d have the box in for tomorrow and if I wanted to leave it. Told them to go ahead and address the TSB. Shoot. Now I’m wondering.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
my dealer had no issues installing the steering box with the synergy brace. bolts were fine

72Blazer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Blazer 07.5 Duramax 18 JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Well, talked to the dealer this morning and it’s a no go. They don’t want to touch mine because of the steering improvements I did in the first place to help with the steering wander. What a joke. So open for suggestions for a dealer willing to do it in south Texas up to San Antonio/ Houston. Although, I did have doubts about getting it done as my steering doesn’t seem as bad as others here describe and I was very hesitant about letting the dealer touch my steering stuff.

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Just got mine done and: holy shit. No more directional roulette at highway speeds, and it feels a touch tighter at lower speeds.

No wonder it’s on the 2021+ models.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Mazda3 hatch, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
my dealer had no issues installing the steering box with the synergy brace. bolts were fine
Elyria, huh? Where did you go by chance? I'm over in Solon but would prefer to go to a known good dealer. I bought mine in North Olmsted but willing to travel for a slam-dunk TSB fix.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elyria, huh? Where did you go by chance? I'm over in Solon but would prefer to go to a known good dealer. I bought mine in North Olmsted but willing to travel for a slam-dunk TSB fix.
I took mine to North Olmsted (that's where I bought it) Talk to Frank Knoll he knew exactly what to do.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Well, talked to the dealer this morning and it’s a no go. They don’t want to touch mine because of the steering improvements I did in the first place to help with the steering wander. What a joke. So open for suggestions for a dealer willing to do it in south Texas up to San Antonio/ Houston. Although, I did have doubts about getting it done as my steering doesn’t seem as bad as others here describe and I was very hesitant about letting the dealer touch my steering stuff.
Did you bring them donuts?

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you bring them donuts?
you must have done serious mods since most dealers will whine and then JeepCares gets them to do it anyway.
I would reach out to jeepcares for intervention.

other option is buy the parts do it yourself and have the dealer do the reflash. It’s an easy install..

Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement