72Blazer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Blazer 07.5 Duramax 18 JLUR
Occupation
SLP
you must have done serious mods since most dealers will whine and then JeepCares gets them to do it anyway.
I would reach out to jeepcares for intervention.

other option is buy the parts do it yourself and have the dealer do the reflash. It’s an easy install..
You did yours yourself?

They’re just giving me a hard time about the steering brace. They let me know they still ordered my box in case I wanted to pull the brace off then take it back in. Guess see what happens.

Advertisement

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
You did yours yourself?

They’re just giving me a hard time about the steering brace. They let me know they still ordered my box in case I wanted to pull the brace off then take it back in. Guess see what happens.
They would not do it with the track bar brace on the vehicle. Liability to mess with something aftermarket. They were good about it, will bring them donuts next time ;)

Will take it off this week. They told me they have the parts set aside for me and will hold them.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
They would not do it with the track bar brace on the vehicle. Liability to mess with something aftermarket. They were good about it, will bring them donuts next time ;)

Will take it off this week. They told me they have the parts set aside for me and will hold them.
I would show them the thread of a Jeep tech that actually did it with brace. Matter of fact he actually fixed the sector shaft for the customer by spinning back in place and filling with red loctite. He didnt post that part on here but he did on FB.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
I would show them the thread of a Jeep tech that actually did it with brace. Matter of fact he actually fixed the sector shaft for the customer by spinning back in place and filling with red loctite. He didnt post that part on here but he did on FB.
Yeah, I saw that but to be honest I have so many mods done I am just happy it's only the brace they want pulled off. That's a 15 min job.

wv18jl

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Scheduled it to be done on friday

Box showed on monday

Took it in on tuesday

They called and said it was missing two bolts

Bolts came in on wednesday

Picked up wednesday afternoon

Thought mine was fine

Was noticeably ... ah ... tighter maybe?

Hard to say as I thought it was ok to began with

Glad I got it done

Bardon

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Ok so I have turned wrenches for many years now. I have a 2018 JL and I installed a Teraflex 2.5 lift with fixed long lower control arms and Falcon Shocks. I went ahead and replaced the front UCA's and rear lower and upper CA's. All adjustable. Also I installed 35inch Goodyear Dura Trac tires I got the rear measurements spot on with caster. The front I was a little over at 7.5. So i had an alignment done and they adjusted the caster back to 6.0 degrees and set the toe to 0. Before those adjustments the jeep would track straight down the road. I know at 7.5 negative anything would. Now that it's back in spec I am having a little wondering issue. My experience tells me them setting the toe to 0 could be the cause because the tires go positive toe when driven down the road and fight each other to the right or left. So my plan is to take it back to the shop that did the alignment and get them to adjust to toe just a little negative so when driven down the road the tires straighten out.

The point I am getting to is with everything that has happened to these jeeps coming off the assembly line that I have read on this forum at some point, like loose nuts, bolts, wiring, and fuses. You think the alignments on some of our jeeps are playing a part in this issue? I never had this issue until I lifted it and did an alignment. So in my case it more than likely is an alignment issue.

Just some food for thought.

MFA

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wranger
Are you guys experiencing long lead time for the dealer to install. I took it to the dealer two weeks ago, evaluated and said that they will do the update for me. They needed to order the Steering Box. Called them yesterday, said that Jeep is limiting the quantity the dealer can order to one unit per 5-6 weeks. This means I cannot get mine updated till mid November based on my place in the queue. Does this make sense?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Are you guys experiencing long lead time for the dealer to install. I took it to the dealer two weeks ago, evaluated and said that they will do the update for me. They needed to order the Steering Box. Called them yesterday, said that Jeep is limiting the quantity the dealer can order to one unit per 5-6 weeks. This means I cannot get mine updated till mid November based on my place in the queue. Does this make sense?
I’ve read that dealers can order one every two weeks. Some have better luck.

In case you haven’t seen it: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/new-jl-steering-issue-tsb-08-074-20-for-improved-steering-feel/

word302

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ok so I have turned wrenches for many years now. I have a 2018 JL and I installed a Teraflex 2.5 lift with fixed long lower control arms and Falcon Shocks. I went ahead and replaced the front UCA's and rear lower and upper CA's. All adjustable. Also I installed 35inch Goodyear Dura Trac tires I got the rear measurements spot on with caster. The front I was a little over at 7.5. So i had an alignment done and they adjusted the caster back to 6.0 degrees and set the toe to 0. Before those adjustments the jeep would track straight down the road. I know at 7.5 negative anything would. Now that it's back in spec I am having a little wondering issue. My experience tells me them setting the toe to 0 could be the cause because the tires go positive toe when driven down the road and fight each other to the right or left. So my plan is to take it back to the shop that did the alignment and get them to adjust to toe just a little negative so when driven down the road the tires straighten out.

The point I am getting to is with everything that has happened to these jeeps coming off the assembly line that I have read on this forum at some point, like loose nuts, bolts, wiring, and fuses. You think the alignments on some of our jeeps are playing a part in this issue? I never had this issue until I lifted it and did an alignment. So in my case it more than likely is an alignment issue.

Just some food for thought.
If they adjusted your caster back to “spec” that is likely your issue. 6-7 degrees is the sweet spot. You also want a 1/4” or so toe in.

JeepFan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee
also I like how they got rid of the. " euro " guards between the bumper and fender. . Will save the new owner a little bit of cutting. .
Re: Lack of "euro guards" on 2021 Willys.
Does anyone know if this is also true of the Willys Sport version?

JeepFan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee

Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement