Sponsored

Configuring And Pricing My 2 DR Rubi

Phillyfisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Jeep coming soon
If you can live with it, consider a manual transmission and the V6. $2000 buys a lot of other options.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Thanks, but for my purpose standard radio is more than sufficient.

I'm now partially deaf so it would be wasted on me, but from what I hear (pun intended) most would regret not having the Alpine Premium Audio, which costs as much as the whole Infotainment Group. I'd sacrifice the upgrade wheels to go toward the Infotainment Group (for my wife). I like the stock wheels better anyway.

Phillyfisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Jeep coming soon
LOL in the area I live, Auto and only an Auto. :like::like::like:

Would get the Auto before any other options.
Totally understand. We have always had at least one car with a manual transmission, so a manual for us is a no brainer. Plus the only cars we had transmission issues with were automatics. We have short commutes, so it is only an annoyance a couple of times a year. Sadly, in a few more years this likely won’t be an option anymore. Just surprised at the cost of the auto in the JL.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Guess a lot of it is where you live and the type of commute, those manuals have nearly become extinct.

With now an 8 speed Auto in the Wrangler, I’m sure more people will continue to opt for the Auto transmission than in years past.

Interesting article on the decline in popularity of the manual transmission:

3% of all new vehicles are sold with a manual, down from 7% in 2012 and 25% in 1992. In 2006 47% of all new vehicles were offered with a manual or auto, that number fell to 27% in 2016.

http://beta.latimes.com/business/au...-disappearing-stick-shift-20161115-story.html

Totally understand. We have always had at least one car with a manual transmission, so a manual for us is a no brainer. Plus the only cars we had transmission issues with were automatics. We have short commutes, so it is only an annoyance a couple of times a year. Sadly, in a few more years this likely won’t be an option anymore. Just surprised at the cost of the auto in the JL.