Sponsored

Condition when picked up (brand new) at the dealer?

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I stopped by the dealership on a Sunday afternoon the last weekend of March to see if my Jeep had arrived. The dealer had told me it should be there by the weekend and I was out of town earlier. Dealerships are closed on Sundays in Minnesota.

I noticed a Wrangler in the color I had ordered sitting in their driveway, you could tell it must have arrived late on Saturday. They had installed the dealer license plate frame and name plate but nothing else had been done as far as I could see.

I also noticed the window sticker sitting on the seat had my name on it so there was no question this was the Jeep I had ordered. I took about a dozen pictures before I left it all alone for the night.

The pictures show it was a little dirty but not terrible. I took delivery the next day, it had 10 miles on the odometer. When I picked it up it was clean, at least everywhere but the bottom. It still shows the dirt spots today underneath as it hasn't been out in the rain yet.

Somewhere between the factory and the dealership it looks like it was driven a short distance on a wet dirt road/parking lot. Maybe other times of the year that surface is dry so not as much dirt is thrown up onto the vehicles?

dirt.jpg

bottom.jpg
Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Mine was new, they missed one or two plastic covering on the inside but otherwise in good shape. Had about 25 miles on it, probably because it had to be driven over from another of the dealer's locations across town.

Anyway I've had it little over 7 months, no issues with it so far to speak of other than the slightly yellow paint on the grille by the driver's headlight. It hasn't gotten any worse and unless I really look for it I don't notice it.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
A hydro blue 392 arrived at my dealer. Super clean bottom, top and interior. It was in the show room with 7 miles on it.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Almost exactly a year ago, I picked up my 2020 Sahara from a dealership about 200 miles away from my home (via a scenic drive along the coast). Got it home in the afternoon with 210 miles on the odometer.

The next morning I changed the wheels and tires, and noted the underside was spotless.

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
My 2019 JL Sport, built April/2019, I bought Jan/2020. I had looked at it in Nov/2019 but they were unwilling to deal. In Dec they emailed but the deal wasn't good enough. By January they contacted me and they were ready.
It was clean and had 102 miles. It had been there a while and I assumed used for test drives. It did have a few paint chips on the leading edge of the freedom tops that I didn't see until 4 days after bringing it home when I took them off to mount my Bestop Sunrider for Hard Top. Other than that, was clean and new enough.

Sponsored

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
Mine had 6 miles on the odometer when I picked it up and clean (other than the pollen..). Enjoyed every bit of the 400 miles I put on it driving it from VA back to NY😀

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
2021 JLR, picked up on April 1st with 3 miles on the odometer (it was a factory order). Condition was perfect.

johnnychemo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sport Altitude
My factory order was delivered to the dealer Friday (5/7) and I picked it up Monday (5/10). It was clean and had everything it was supposed to - except the printed version of the manual. They checked another Wrangler that had been delivered the same day and it was missing the manual as well. They are going to order it and send it to me, but I'm not concerned because I have it on my phone.

It had a whopping 9 miles on the clock, and was freshly cleaned. The Freedom Panel storage bag was still in its plastic bag too!

Oh - apparently I ordered it just in time to still get two fobs too! Winning!

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
2021 Rubicon. 34 miles. Was dirty and had no gas when I test drove, they cleaned it fairly well and filled tank. Tires overfilled to 47psi. Put my front plate on bumper off center and without proper hardware, almost fell off on way home. Luckily hole that was improperly made in bumper was covered when I put it on properly (there are indented marks on bumper where you are supposed to use the self tapping screws, not sure why it was done wrong). Needless to say I skipped the survey they sent because i was not giving them 10's...
Why would you skip it and just not give them 10s for obviously shitty service?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm curious about the condition in which your vehicle arrived at the dealer?
How many miles were on the odometer?
Was it clean and without signs of abuse?
New condition, inside and out
Four
Yes, clean, with no indication of mishandling

The first thing I did was to inspect the fuse box. All were properly seated. My salesman knew I didn't want any PDI at the dealer. Rather, just a sponsored fill-up with Premium (the low fuel light illuminated when we went for a pre-paperwork test drive.)

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Somewhere between the factory and the dealership it looks like it was driven a short distance on a wet dirt road/parking lot.

Jeep Wrangler JL Condition when picked up (brand new) at the dealer? EFE1E019-90C7-4FAF-B01A-C505EEC35E12
That looks appropriate if your Jeep was delivered by a car-hauler truck that drove through rain. See Elsinore73's picture above. Car haulers driving in the rain create a lot of road mist that begins at the steering axle, is amplified by the drive axles, and then swirls around the trailer and coats everything on board. The trailers obviously don't shelter their cargo from anything.

jsingh13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS300, 2021 White JLUR 3.6
Picked up 4/11 with 4 miles went for a 2 mile test drive in the dealer lot, everything was good and clean. great job by Koons tysons, and craig

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Pristine condition, plastic still on interior lights and Uconnect screen, side window storage bag still in plastic with 12 miles on the odometer. Such a good feeling driving up to the dealership and seeing it parked up front. I didn't even take it for a test drive....just dealt with sales guy, finance lady, signed everything, transferred stuff from my trade into new vehicle, handed over old keys, got new key (fobs), sales guy put on temp plates, hand shakes and I was OUT!
Sponsored