Computer Thinks My Automatic Transmission is a Manual

Lookthermo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL) Eco Diesel
I was searching around but couldn’t find what I was looking for. My Wrangler JLU Sahara is two weeks old, it has the 3.6l engine with 8 speed automatic. Up until today every time I got in to start it up it said “press brake and push start”. Today it started saying “press clutch and push start”. For some reason the computer now thinks I have a manual transmission. In conjunction to this the odometer is no longer displayed. Before anyone asks, I did check the setting to make sure it was set to display the odometer.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem with their Wrangler?
Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Oh oh, you'll probably have to have the computer upgraded ... look and see if the one you've got doesn't have an @old8tora part number. Those part numbers are always reverting back to old times!

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
There is a TSB for this issue, it's basically a software update.

Oldtimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Ltd
I was searching around but couldn’t find what I was looking for. My Wrangler JLU Sahara is two weeks old, it has the 3.6l engine with 8 speed automatic. Up until today every time I got in to start it up it said “press brake and push start”. Today it started saying “press clutch and push start”. For some reason the computer now thinks I have a manual transmission. In conjunction to this the odometer is no longer displayed. Before anyone asks, I did check the setting to make sure it was set to display the odometer.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem with their Wrangler?
My 2018 Sahara JLU just started having these same issues.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like your Sahara came equipped with the Twilight Zone Group.
Sponsored