First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Hey, perhaps old pros at lighting could lend some advice. Here's what I'm trying to achieve (BTW, I don't have a Tazer and I don't think I want to blow $200 on it for this little side project.):

1) I never want my aux lights to be on when my lighting mode is on low beams.
2) I want to use my fog light switch to selectively operate my aux lights in all other scenarios (parking lights or high beams). If I can't do this without a Tazer (which I assume), aux lights selectable in parking and always-on with high beams is an OK next-best-thing.

I know I could do this with two normally open relays and one normally closed relay, but maybe there's a simpler approach? I'm trying to maximize my on-road visibility while not blinding other drivers and not fiddling around with switches while I'm driving. Thanks!
Sponsored

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you want voltage on the fog circuit to control switching of aux lights when the high beams are on, you're going to need a Tazer.

OP
OP
daveprice7

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
If you want voltage on the fog circuit to control switching of aux lights when the high beams are on, you're going to need a Tazer.
I was kinda thinking a little more about this and I could likely simplify what I need a bit more by just having the factory fog load operate the aux lights as well as the high beam load; I guess that's just two relays, probably can't get any simpler than that. Even with a Tazer, I'm sure I'd need to use two relays to accomplish the more complicated aspect of this setup (going between low beam/no aux and high beam w/ aux, using only the high beam switch).
Sponsored