Complete loss of electrical power while driving

tzavaleta

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Has anyone heard of this? Bought a 2019 Sahara new in May (so very low mileage). Today my wife was on the highway and lost all power. There was nothing, nada couldn’t even turn on the hazards. It was 100% dead. Had to tow to the dealer. They haven't looked at it yet. I tried putting a jumper battery on it and still nothing. Only other symptom is when I came to get her think I heard a humming under the hood. I can’t be sure since we were on a noisy highway.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone heard of this? Bought a 2019 Sahara new in May (so very low mileage). Today my wife was on the highway and lost all power. There was nothing, nada couldn’t even turn on the hazards. It was 100% dead. Had to tow to the dealer. They haven't looked at it yet. I tried putting a jumper battery on it and still nothing. Only other symptom is when I came to get her think I heard a humming under the hood. I can’t be sure since we were on a noisy highway.
Hello Thomas,
We are terribly sorry to hear that this happened. Please know that our team is available for support while your vehicle is in service. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN so that we may investigate further.

Kathryn
JeepCares

saisitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
My Jeep is at the dealership as I type this. This is the second time in 3 weeks that my Jeep just died while driving. Jeep replace the main barley and a relay on the 3rd of July and yesterday they changed both batteries only to watch them both drain. I feel it is going to be an Easter egg hunt to find the root cause.

OP
OP
tzavaleta

tzavaleta

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Been at the dealer for a week now. All they know is that there is a big draw on the system and it's draining the battery overnight (said they've replaced it twice now). It seems this thread is the same symptoms so I just sent the resolution (Z fuse?) over to the dealer. *sigh* :(