Sponsored

Comparison pics of JL vs JK Wrangler Rubicon

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Not liking those body color fenders in the Rubicon.

Trying to decide between Sport S and Rubicon...looking more and more like the Rubicon.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Not liking those body color fenders in the Rubicon.

Trying to decide between Sport S and Rubicon...looking more and more like the Rubicon.
While I agree with you, just realize that white one in the photo is a jk.

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Correct, for some reason at least from my standpoint any Wrangler with body colored fenders has never been a true Wrangler.
It's just a cosmetic preference and looks better on some colors than others. Do you feel it gives it that mall-crawler look?

Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Correct, for some reason at least from my standpoint any Wrangler with body colored fenders has never been a true Wrangler.
Body colored fenders are tradition. All had them except for JK.

As a side note, notice the JL is more true to form than the JK. The hood is leveled out, the front tapers in from top to bottom.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR

As a side note, notice the JL is more true to form than the JK. The hood is leveled out, the front tapers in from top to bottom.
Yeah, the new design is very well done in every respect in my opinion. Very glad I waited for JL.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Yes but all of them had black flares.

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Definitely agree some colors are better than others.

Something about the over all look, the monochromatic look as never appealed, maybe this will change with the JL.

It's just a cosmetic preference and looks better on some colors than others. Do you feel it gives it that mall-crawler look?

Sponsored

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
The look is still pure Jeep, but with all the changes it raises the bar and continues to stay in a class of it's own.

Last edited:

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
pretty sure the older ones had body colored fenders certainly the old army ones did. MY cj7 had body colored fenders but the flares were black . I thing the yellow one a the show had body colored fenders with black flairs. I did not like the body colored fenders on the jk I like the new body colored fender with the black trim alot more.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Is the JL Rubi bumper we keep seeing in pics standard or an upgrade? Reason I ask is because I see in the brochure: Available - Winch-Capable Steel Front Bumper with Removable Endcaps.
Sponsored