Sponsored

Comparing my new JL to previous JK (First week)

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Awesome color!! It's a fun color. Your wife seems a bit boring, no offense

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
My wife things that the color is too bright and 'in your face'. Last night she said that she was embarrassed to be seen in it :(
It'll grow on her. Give it some time.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I’m going to take this a whole different direction..... my wife and I love our Jeep. ‘20 Sahara in Ocean Blue with 2” lift rolling on 35’s.

I don’t know your plans to mod yours but I would highly recommend that you work together on making decisions. What would she like? What are her interests? Was she “all in” on getting your Jeep? She possibly feels left out.

we love country crusin’ in ours. Give her time, get her input, work on it together, and enjoy it together. Who knows she may come to enjoy it so much that you will be looking for another Wrangler.

Best of luck!!!!

Enjoy the ride!!!!
F695AC47-8C3B-4679-91B3-5C29FE376C5E.jpeg

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
My wife things that the color is too bright and 'in your face'. Last night she said that she was embarrassed to be seen in it :(
LOL She should take a ride in my hypergreen JK! Its a toy for me so I love it.
My Jk is specd like your old one. Im hoping to get a sport s 2.0 auto in the future in a dull color.;)
BTW bikini is an awesome color!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know your plans to mod yours but I would highly recommend that you work together on making decisions. What would she like? What are her interests? Was she “all in” on getting your Jeep? She possibly feels left out.

...Give her time, get her input, work on it together, and enjoy it together. Who knows she may come to enjoy it so much that you will be looking for another Wrangler.

Best of luck!!!!

Enjoy the ride!!!!
By the sounds of it, her first “mod” would be to have the entire Jeep wrapped in greige vinyl... :CWL:

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
You sir are a genius! I wish I had thought of that, get something fun but in a color the wife hates so she won’t be “borrowing “ it all the time!
That what I did as my wife was not sold on Mojito Green and said it is my Jeep, go for it. But she does like riding and driving it.

azrubi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Hi everyone I picked up my new JL this week and want to share my impressions comparing the two.
I couldn't agree more.
That said, my '84 CJ7 was more comfortable than my '81 CJ5, which way out shined my '47 Willy's CJ2A. Over the years, every new design was better (subjective) than the model it replaced. Looking forward to the JL replacement!
I had:
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara Altitude edition
3.6 L, 6 Speed Manual
3.73 Gearing
33 inch KO2's
Leather seats

I bought:
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
2.0 Turbo, 8 Speed Auto
4.10 Gearing
33 inch K02's
Leather Seats

I find the JL feels like I am driving a much lighter vehicle. The steering in particular feels very light.
The seats in JL seem to be thinner and the JK had better seat bolstering.
The 2.0 with the 8 Speed transmission feels monstrous compared to the JK.
I don't mind the Stop/Start function at all. So far it has perform flawlessly.
The infotainment center in the JK was from the 1800's in comparison to the JL.
I went from a black JK to a Bikini Pearl JL and my wife absolutely HATES the color

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a divorce lawyer with 30 years of experience. You LOVE the color and 'she was embarrassed to be seen in it'. You only have two choices here. Immediately trade the vehicle in for a loss and get a white Wrangler or file divorce papers and retain me to not only protect your Jeep but also the rest of your assets. I have offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Stinky Dead Fish in the Northwest Territories. Feel free to private message me with questions regarding retainers, etc or check out my website:
Dewey,Cheatem,andHowe.com
I immediately recognized that from “Cah Talk”!

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, no problem, leave her at home:like:... Seriously, I think it's a really pretty color. Wait till she sees it on a nice sunny day. You could tone it down a notch by getting some custom decals to break up all that Bikini;) You have an awesome Jeep. Enjoy it:involve:
Brandy, I know you are trying to maintain the “wife” code. But here’s the reality. If a husband REALLY REALLY likes something, like a car or a Jeep, wives are genetically inclined to pretend that they don’t like it. Wives cannot help themselves. They WILL find something to criticize, and continue to hammer it to DEATH.

Case in point. When I bought my FJ Cruiser, my wife new I loved it instantly. When she detected this, genetics took over. She immediately found a number of things to criticize. Until...I manipulated her to get behind the wheel.

My wife rarely smiles. After the first mile, I looked at her face closely. Intellect and emotion was struggling with deep-rooted married female genes. Her mouth was twitching. I said “Hmmmmmmmmm, baby?” More violent twitching of the lips. Until she couldn’t resist anymore - she was grinning like a mule eating briars.

Fast forward to my Jeep. She lamented trading in the FJ, which she finally admitted she “liked.” She has driven it once or twice. I saw her purty lips twitching. But she is a very strong woman; she has not quite given in, or up, yet.

It will only take time, and she will succumb!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I think the Jl is MUCH improved overall.

I owned a '15 JK before my '19JLR. The most obvious improvement to me is the 8-speed transmission. The 8-speed mated to the 2.0T is great. Actually the 8=speed mated to the 3.6 is a huge improvement over the 5-speed. I jut prefer the extra torque of the 2.0 more for my individual preference. The 8.4" Infotainment and interior is a huge improvement too. Big improvements with MPG also. I have seen 26MPG all highway with A/C blasting with my JLR 2.0T. The best I have ever saw with my '15 JK was 20MPG. That's a huge improvement MPG wise considering my JLR has the larger tires and Rubicon gears over my JK. The suspension is noticeably improved also.

Here is a Auto Week article on JL Rubicon improvements over the previous JK Rubicon. Smoother suspension movement, less chassis quake, wider axles and tighter turning radius are noticeable improvements.

https://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/9-reasons-why-2018-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-jl-killer-road

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
I had a 16 JK sport, I liked it a lot because I came from a 06 TJ rubicon. My new JL is is awesome and I have no complaints, it’s my daily driver and I get about 27 mph. Oh and just a side note I still have my 06 rubicon and I would never part with it.
Sponsored