Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B0DD6614-1D3A-4A02-BCBA-92611BAAC379.jpeg
I have only ran premium in my JLUR now at 4500 miles in 7 months, it has the Mopar lift, 37” BFG KO2’s, almost every option, Engo 10k winch with Synthetic rope, DV8 882 Beadlocks. Full of fuel is ~4800lbs. 75% of miles are off-road. Combined fuel economy calculated the old way with pen and paper is 21.2mpg.... the computer will read 24.8 highway and 19.3 city/off-road. Considerably better than either my 2010 JKUR and my 2014 JKUR...Both those rigs were lifted on 35’s with 8k Warn Winches and got 15 on a good day but averaged 13....The next 30 days will be all off-road so I’ll be curious what it’ll get.

Perfect comparison to illustrate the point that the most important factor in MPG is your right foot.

Stock JLUR here getting 16.x. Probably the on-highway acceleration that kills my average.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
My Infinity M35 needed premium as well and it wasn’t a turbo , in Chicago i go to Costco for my Gas and they only offer 93 octane but. It’s still way cheaper then going to a regular gas station here
I hardly drive any more, fill up the tank once a month at most, but the cost difference at Costco about pays for the annual membership by itself. I fill up at the 14th & Ashland location and when I pass by that Shell station at Ashland and Roosevelt on the way out the price is a dollar per gallon higher! :surprised:

jetskidrewski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Mixed driving to 1000k miles I'm getting 21-22 mpg. This is city, plus highway (avg 75mph), plus an EPA test cycle (don't ask).

Oh and mid-grade at the pump.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mixed driving to 1000k miles I'm getting 21-22 mpg. This is city, plus highway (avg 75mph), plus an EPA test cycle (don't ask).

Oh and mid-grade at the pump.
1000k miles!!! That's like a million miles, man! You've been busy. :cwl:

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I hardly drive any more, fill up the tank once a month at most, but the cost difference at Costco about pays for the annual membership by itself. I fill up at the 14th & Ashland location and when I pass by that Shell station at Ashland and Roosevelt on the way out the price is a dollar per gallon higher! :surprised:
I go to the Costco in Melrose park after I wash it at delta sonic

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I go to the Costco in Melrose park after I wash it at delta sonic
Yeah I go to that one when I want an excuse to hit up Johnnies for an Italian Beef. :) They also have diesel there (Ashland doesn't) in case they ever start shipping that.

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I think the Rubicon with 4.10 gears and definitely heavier overall vehicle weight is at a disadvantage compared tot he Sahara and Sport models. We have been averaging about 20 MPG with 87 octane - have a tank full at 93 and we'll see how this goes.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I think the Rubicon with 4.10 gears and definitely heavier overall vehicle weight is at a disadvantage compared tot he Sahara and Sport models. We have been averaging about 20 MPG with 87 octane - have a tank full at 93 and we'll see how this goes.
Just to clarify, your running a 2.0 Turbo? Thanks for the input.

Cwalters2002

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl wrangler unlimited sport s
Been running 22-23 prior to putting some larger tires on it. We will see what happens after the change.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Only 95 or 98 octane in Europe...
we’ll see how that goes, when the 2.0L Turbo (without E-Torque) eventually arrive.
Expected release for March 2019.
Sponsored