Sponsored

COMMON SCAM ALERT! Unsolicited PMs asking you to email someone!

starsfan69

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy trailblazer , Silverado
WARNING TO ALL USERS -- WATCH OUT FOR UNSOLICITED PRIVATE MESSAGE!

I have a WTB post up on here looking for a rear window for my premium soft top. User Robert65 sent me a PM telling me to email him [email censored] because he has a tinted rear window for sale.

So, I emailed Matthew and got a response with a photo of soft top windows and a price of $200. When I told him I only send Paypal via Goods and Services, he sent me a link to a fake Paypal account (paypal.me) and said he only accepts Paypal as Gifts.

RED FLAG SCAM ALERT! What an idiot. Do people actually fall for this shit? A quick google of his email address yields lots of scam results. Please consider this my PSA.

Robert65.JPG

Matthew Salazar Email.JPG
matthewsalazar376.jpg
just got approved by this forum and it made me read this. i was annoyed at being forced to read a post 1st. then i read it and now I am so glad you made me read this. you know what they say about 1st impressions and this made a good one. looking of for your subscribers interests. Many thanks again.
Sponsored

Sponsored

rogerkal

First Name
elite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
picanto
I contacted the email and they insisted on moneygram.
I reported the pm as advised. Just making this public so the scammer doesnt get anyone.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited:

foden

First Name
mathios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Excellent catch! Thank you for the heads up.

Sponsored

TjFrog

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi there!!
New on the forum, and glad from what I have read, that everybody is alert with all this BS scams. Thanks.
Sponsored