Sponsored

Coming "dieselgate" Recall

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R
Heard rumor from a friend who is Service Tech that there may be a coming "recall" related to the charges against FCA of "manipulating" the emissions output of the 3.0 EcoDiesel, similar to the VW debacle. I'll be curious what that means for power & fuel economy if it comes to fruition. I'm sure both will go down. The only plus might be a forced "refund" of some of that $6k to buy the package in the first place.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...neers-for-cheating-ecodiesel-emissions.70563/
Sponsored

NotHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
From the article:
The indictment says Pasini, Sabbioni and Palma were responsible for developing and calibrating the 3.0-liter diesel engine used in the 2014-16 models of the Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee. The filing says their work included calibrating several software features in the vehicles' emissions control systems to meet emissions standards.

Looks like it won't effect us, it's for older vehicles.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I lived through the “diesel gate” withe my WK2 2015 Grand Cherokee. It would be a shame if the JL diesel gets caught up in another debacle. Likely be the end of any diesel vehicles.