Sponsored

Combining Lift's

Lord-Maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jk
He Guys real quick I've noticed a few people Have been combining Lifts like a 2-inch lift with a inch and a half or a 2 inch spacer lift.
I'm just a little confused I'm not too big on suspension but wouldn't the shocks be the determining limiting factor of for some movement is there some benefit to it would it stiffen up the so-called squishy Fox Shocks ? And increase hight ...getting ready to install the Mopar lift ..so would the spacer lift tighten up the shocks ...any input would be much appreciated thanks Gents
Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Umm really? why not just get 3.5” springs?

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
He Guys real quick I've noticed a few people Have been combining Lifts like a 2-inch lift with a inch and a half or a 2 inch spacer lift.
I'm just a little confused I'm not too big on suspension but wouldn't the shocks be the determining limiting factor of for some movement is there some benefit to it would it stiffen up the so-called squishy Fox Shocks ? And increase hight ...getting ready to install the Mopar lift ..so would the spacer lift tighten up the shocks ...any input would be much appreciated thanks Gents

Well in theory those shocks are valved to be whatever they are set at. if you did a spacer lift onto of the shock may start out a tiny bit stiffer because they is more fluid above the piston, but once cycled and used they will heat up and that will go away and back to "normal" Unless you get custom valved shocks you are stuck with that you got.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
People are doing it for one of two reasons:

1. They didn't build the jeep to the height they wanted and added spacers as a half assed way to make up for it.

2. They are cheap and trying to make a 3-4 inch lift for a lower price point.

My suggestion, build it the way you want it from the start. Rigging things up tends to lead to issues.

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
I did a combo lift on Jeep #3 and f’ed a set of km2’s because I was cheap.
Sponsored