Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
( or should I have used confusing ?)

Welp.. since FCA has seen fit to discontinue HB, I'm back to square 1 as far as colour goes.

Frankly, I feel as though HB was just about the only interesting colour of the current choices. But I digress...

To help me decide on another colour, I pulled up the 'Club' threads for each of the colours still available. I really wasn't looking at anything much beyond page count, so the results were far from scientific. 🤪

Here's how it ended up:

Sting Gray: 691 pages..!!
Punk'n: 198 pages
Bright White: 192 pages
Sarge Green: 90 pages
Black: 81 pages
High Velocity: 24 pages
Silver Zynith: 3 pages
Earl: ??

So, this tells us... what? Absolutely nothing, really. I just found it interesting that when it comes to colours, it looks like the Jeep community is just a microcosm of society in general: the sea of gray and white is well represented here, too. Not so much with Black, but I can understand that.

It also didn't do squat to help me come up with an alternate colour choice. I think I'm gonna press my luck just a bit longer in the hopes that another nice blue will come along -before the XR package goes away again. :headbang:
Sponsored

tgeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Rubicon
See the recently posted Nov. 2022 order guide (for 2023 models). Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal and Hydro Blue all show as "temporarily unavailable" which should mean they'll be back soon so you can leave square 1. :) The XR timing is another matter. Hopefully the LA Auto Show will provide some info.

OP
OP
dreep jeemin

dreep jeemin

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
@tgeep Tnx, man! As to XR pkg, @12psi told us just the other day that it's back. So maybe the stars will align before too much longer!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The number of pages on the forums is also determined by the tenure of the colors on the market. I.e., newer colors have fewer posts, which is logical.

I agree: we don’t need yet another gray, black or white vehicle on the streets. Especially when it is a Wrangler. Leave that to German cars.

Good luck.

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
I agree: we don’t need yet another gray, black or white vehicle on the streets. Especially when it is a Wrangler. Leave that to German cars.

Good luck.
Just doing my part...
Jeep Wrangler JL Colour shopping 2.0 reveals interesting observation 20221112_155130

Jeep Wrangler JL Colour shopping 2.0 reveals interesting observation 20221112_155111

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Well, lets not be too hard on White and Black. Unlike all other colors, they serve a physical function. To maximize the reflection or collection of solar heat, which makes a difference in desert or arctic environments.

But I'll definitely agree, there's no excuse for grey.

OP
OP
dreep jeemin

dreep jeemin

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
Well, lets not be too hard on White and Black. Unlike all other colors, they serve a physical function. To maximize the reflection or collection of solar heat, which makes a difference in desert or arctic environments.

But I'll definitely agree, there's no excuse for grey.
While I'm no fan of grey, using your (admittedly sound) logic above, I respectfully submit that your conclusion is borne entirely out of personal bias/opinion. Logic suggests that the 45th parallel would be an ideal region in which greys could flourish.

Perhaps some sort of safety or tolerance zone could be established....

;):LOL:

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
While I'm no fan of grey, using your (admittedly sound) logic above, I respectfully submit that your conclusion is borne entirely out of personal bias/opinion. Logic suggests that the 45th parallel would be an ideal region in which greys could flourish.

Perhaps some sort of safety or tolerance zone could be established....

;):LOL:
Ah, but colors accomplish the same thing without being grey.

It's not bias. I didn't choose white and then come up with that logic. I came up with that logic and chose white. Because being in a 110F desert with oppressively hot sun needs to be dealt with.

And, if you look closely, you'll see that any body part that transfers heat inside the cabin is white while all body parts that do not transfer heat inside the cabin is black or a red accent. Because all white is admittedly boring.

There is a sound logical method to my madness, and aesthetics are a close second where it does not interfere with that logic.

When ordering I did consider Hella Yella, but you couldn't get a color matched hard top in HY and a black hard top was unacceptable.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My 21 was Sting Gray, I was looking for yellow or any other interesting color like orange or green. I got a good deal on the Sting Gray and added a lot of red touches to make it my own. I ordered Reign for the 23 and it looks very unique from the pictures I seen (have yet to see one in person, my 23 is only scheduled and not built). My second choice was with red or yellow.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

( or should I have used confusing ?)

Welp.. since FCA has seen fit to discontinue HB, I'm back to square 1 as far as colour goes.

Frankly, I feel as though HB was just about the only interesting colour of the current choices. But I digress...

To help me decide on another colour, I pulled up the 'Club' threads for each of the colours still available. I really wasn't looking at anything much beyond page count, so the results were far from scientific. 🤪

Here's how it ended up:

Sting Gray: 691 pages..!!
Punk'n: 198 pages
Bright White: 192 pages
Sarge Green: 90 pages
Black: 81 pages
High Velocity: 24 pages
Silver Zynith: 3 pages
Earl: ??

So, this tells us... what? Absolutely nothing, really. I just found it interesting that when it comes to colours, it looks like the Jeep community is just a microcosm of society in general: the sea of gray and white is well represented here, too. Not so much with Black, but I can understand that.

It also didn't do squat to help me come up with an alternate colour choice. I think I'm gonna press my luck just a bit longer in the hopes that another nice blue will come along -before the XR package goes away again. :headbang:
I'm on vacation in CA so I can't run these queries right now, but I'm pretty sure this is the most recent that I've posted. And yes, white (IMHO) is incredibly boring. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-books-open-june-15-2022.93596/post-1955001

Sponsored

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Hope you get another shot at a HB, great shade and is very metallic which I love.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
They don’t have the beautiful color you like? Perfect news. Buy some other color you don’t care about and go scratch the living daylights out of it. Care free.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Jeez, Y'all being hard on us gray Jeepers. I like my Sting Gray. Guess I won't ask y'all to help pay for it.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
My first JL was bright red and I loved that.

My current Jeep is Sting Grey because it is a 4xe, and IMO a lot of the colors don’t look good with all of the blue accents on the 4xe. I think Sting Grey is an interesting color with the flat non metallic, but yeah in general I’m anti-grey on cars.