Sponsored

Colorado Photos Have you Jeeped There?

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Its been a few years since we have made it out to CO. I absolutely love the San Juans. We usually go every other year or so and trailer my TJ out. We always end up in Moab on these trips also.

The last trip we did we hit Zion, Moab, Ouray, Glenwood Springs, and Grand Lake. We fell in love with Grand Lake, not for the wheeling but for the beauty and vibe. I cannot wait to go back in my 392. I think this next time we will load up the Jeep and skip trailering, as that adds a whole extra challenge to parking , maneuvering, etc.

If you are in or around Ouray, we loved hitting Ridgeway state park with the kids on the days we did not hit the trails. The beach was great there. True grit cafe was good eats also.

We did have a bad experience staying in Ouray, we had some belongings stolen at the Ouray chalet. The owners were the ones cleaning the rooms, and there were a few other guests who had the same issue as us. SO watch this place.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
been in Silverton area many times in the last 40 yrs. looking forward to taking the new one there.
I'm wanting to go right now but NO lodging is available. By myself I could stay in the Jeep but if my daughter comes along then it would be hotel or tent and its harder to boondock around Silverton than in some other areas.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I love all the photos. Been doing trips to the Co. Rockie's only the last couple years since owning a JLR. As much as I love the Colorado Rockies, I have found them to be over crowded. Wyoming is the new Colorado and Morrison Jeep Trail the new Black Bear Pass. This late Aug. I will be starting a month long road trip via Colorado and end up in the Blackhills, S.D, on the Jeep Jamboree. Fires permitting sadly.

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
Just left Silverton last Saturday (July 24) after 5 days of running trails with some friends. I was very surprised at the lack of traffic on the trails. We had one "incident" on our first day when we ran across a group of 10 SxS drivers that had zero respect for the mountains, trails, or other riders on them. Other than that, every driver - Jeep, Toyota, SxS, 4 wheeler, everyone - was fantastic. I really expected worse and left pleasantly surprised.

Be careful if you are going up any time soon. The monsoon rains this year are heavy and we heard of many trail closures daily due to rock/mudslides. Get out on the trails early and get off by 1pm or 2pm if you can.

Ran:
Stony Pass to the Rio Grande
Little Molas Lake (just a gravel road)
Maggie Gulch
Minnie Gulch
CR2 to Animas (x2)
CR2 from Animas to Silverton (x3)
Placer/Picyune Gulches
Engineer Pass from Animas Forks to Lake City
Cinnamon Pass from Lake City to Animas Forks (beat a mudslide that closed the trail by about 5 minutes)
Corkscrew Pass from 550
Un-named trail that runs behind Red Mountain No. 1
Hurricane Pass
California Pass
California Gulch to Animas Forks

20210719_113738.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

20210723_085346.jpg

20210723_093042.jpg

20210723_101830.jpg

20210723_114222.jpg

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Just left Silverton last Saturday (July 24) after 5 days of running trails with some friends. I was very surprised at the lack of traffic on the trails. We had one "incident" on our first day when we ran across a group of 10 SxS drivers that had zero respect for the mountains, trails, or other riders on them. Other than that, every driver - Jeep, Toyota, SxS, 4 wheeler, everyone - was fantastic. I really expected worse and left pleasantly surprised.

Be careful if you are going up any time soon. The monsoon rains this year are heavy and we heard of many trail closures daily due to rock/mudslides. Get out on the trails early and get off by 1pm or 2pm if you can.

Ran:
Stony Pass to the Rio Grande
Little Molas Lake (just a gravel road)
Maggie Gulch
Minnie Gulch
CR2 to Animas (x2)
CR2 from Animas to Silverton (x3)
Placer/Picyune Gulches
Engineer Pass from Animas Forks to Lake City
Cinnamon Pass from Lake City to Animas Forks (beat a mudslide that closed the trail by about 5 minutes)
Corkscrew Pass from 550
Un-named trail that runs behind Red Mountain No. 1
Hurricane Pass
California Pass
California Gulch to Animas Forks
Sounds like so much fun! Take me along next time.
Or I'm going to Utah in October if you want some of that.
Sponsored