Colorado in July

bruleto

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Nothing in that area should pose a problem for a stock JLUR except the optional 'wall' climb on Poughkeepsie (more of a breakover thing than anything)....and I'm betting that obstacle has been marked "closed" at this point anyway.
I'm definitely game then. Been watching a bunch of video on YouTube and that area of Colorado looks amazing. We just moved to CO from TX last year so it will be a good opportunity to see a new part of the state.
Sponsored

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
OP
OP
mike_b_81

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Evergreen, CO and just picked up by first Jeep last night. I'm definitely interested in hitting up some trails. I may still be stock at that time as I build the coffers back up after buying the Jeep so probably not interested in doing anything too intense.
I pretty much have a stock JLUR, not really planning on anything “hard”, not even planning on Poughkeepsie Gulch, if I do, I won’t do the wall section. But everything else should be good to go stock from what I’ve researched. Just watching the trails/web to see how things progress.

OP
OP
mike_b_81

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yep I can't think of anything in the San Juans a stock JLUR couldn't do. Black Bear isn't hard, you are your only enemy there.

I think it was Telluride Rotary used to do a registration-only reverse run of Black Bear - I'd LOVE to do that!

Anyone in the San Juans hit me up, I basically live there

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm sorry, I honestly don't know on that obstacle. The last time I was at the wall was several years and I was discouraged by how many routes had "opened". It used to be only three: center, left and right.

Please if anyone comes with SxS's respect the trail and stay on the actual trails!!

Also if anyone is a semi-serious to serious cyclist pack your bikes and I'll show you the best singletrack Durango has to offer (or road rides if you prefer).

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I just did Poughkeepsie in September, and I don’t recall that obstacle. It was very dry, so the wall was no problem. I took the line to the right.

778BCD60-BC1C-4324-9B6F-D564B7B40FC3.jpeg

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I am going to be in Lake City camping for a week from the 4th on. Alpine Loo will be done for sure. Not sure I will get to Ouray/ Silverton for a long time.

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
We are going for the first time in June and will be in Ouray 13-15. Looking at renting a jeep since we are flying in. To this Missouri guy, it is crazy to see pictures of the Corkscrew trail with that much snow at that time of year.
Sponsored