mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a trip planned to Silverton/Ouray/Telluride in July, the 14-22, was wondering if anyone will be in the area and want to hit up a trail or two, it’d be nice to plan a day with someone else to ride with.
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
We had planned to go then but with the snow they have had it doesn't look like a lot of trails are going to be open til later.

OP
OP
mike_b_81

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We had planned to go then but with the snow they have had it doesn't look like a lot of trails are going to be open til later.
Yeah, I had the trip planned and paid for before all the snow happened. So, I’m going, just hope I’ll luck out.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Yeah, I had the trip planned and paid for before all the snow happened. So, I’m going, just hope I’ll luck out.
Even if some of the trails are closed, there should still be plenty of scenic trails to explore like Engineer/Cinnamon/Ophir/Last dollar/Yankee boy basin. Have a fun trip!

bilcol81

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
We've spent many summers in Silverton and they usually have the trails open by July 4th. They use D9 Caterpillars to plow them. We'll be there the last 10 days of June.
This is Corkscrew in June of 2015.
100_4058.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
mike_b_81

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We've spent many summers in Silverton and they usually have the trails open by July 4th. They use D9 Caterpillars to plow them. We'll be there the last 10 days of June.
100_4058.JPG
:like: Nice picture! One can only hope they’re all open.

bruleto

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I live in Evergreen, CO and just picked up by first Jeep last night. I'm definitely interested in hitting up some trails. I may still be stock at that time as I build the coffers back up after buying the Jeep so probably not interested in doing anything too intense.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
:like: Nice picture! One can only hope they’re all open.
Nice picture indeed . . . Being their could be a tenuous time though ! I was in the SW part of Colorado 2 years ago in August - it was hot and dry and a bit smoky but still nice - I was on an extended fly fishing trip ! I have yet to experience the "Snow thing" (in my G.C.), but regardless of the Qualified-Jeep, this photo should ring some alarm bells . Never travel alone, always have comms, be Leary and aware for the potential of Mud/Snow slides (avalanches). By nature I'm the "cautious" type - 20 years of collateral duties in the Navy of "Safety Petty Officer" and "Damage Control Petty Officer" when attached to ships. ;) ps; muddy trails can be SLICK too. Go have FUN, don't mind me, I'm the overly cautious one . . . :LOL:

Kbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
100_4058.JPG
Nice! We spend a lot of time in Silverton as well and are planning on being there end of June and for 4th of July. Can't go wrong with their fireworks show and parade on the 4th.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a trip planned to Silverton/Ouray/Telluride in July, the 14-22, was wondering if anyone will be in the area and want to hit up a trail or two, it’d be nice to plan a day with someone else to ride with.

What part of Iowa are you in Mike?

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be there at least a couple times but I don't think on those time frames. I think last week of June is one of the trips for sure and the others we'll just "wing it"

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I will be in Summit County July 13th-20th, my brother who has a JK and lives out there said some of the trails will not be open but there will still be plenty of places we can have some fun.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I live around Cedar Rapids.
I used to be around CR and am close to Dubuque now. Have fun on your trip. It sucks that we don't have trails around here.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have dates yet but I'm planning to take my family down Black Bear sometime after the 4th.
Sponsored