Sponsored

Colorado escape anyone?

CenTX JPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 05 TJR 6spd
Anyone headed to Colorado this summer, to escape the heat? Can meet up and do some trails if our schedules align.

As our typical annual trip, we will be there much of July to camp/fish/hike a little, but mainly to run the trails. Nothing too difficult, but we'll hit all of the BOH trails (except Holy Cross) and also do some others like Chinaman Gulch, Red Cone Pass, maybe Rollins Pass, Jones Pass, Phantom Canyon Rd, etc.. Probably get a 14er or two by foot as well.

Shout out if you plan on being up there and want to see about meeting up for a run or two.
Sponsored

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Anyone headed to Colorado this summer, to escape the heat? Can meet up and do some trails if our schedules align.

As our typical annual trip, we will be there much of July to camp/fish/hike a little, but mainly to run the trails. Nothing too difficult, but we'll hit all of the BOH trails (except Holy Cross) and also do some others like Chinaman Gulch, Red Cone Pass, maybe Rollins Pass, Jones Pass, Phantom Canyon Rd, etc.. Probably get a 14er or two by foot as well.

Shout out if you plan on being up there and want to see about meeting up for a run or two.
I’ll be in Summit county(Breckinridge area) the last two weeks of July. Main purpose in going is to hit the trails. I’m new to wheeling and just got a JLUR a few months ago. Jeep is stock now but adding 35s and Mopar lift before I go.

side note: heading to Hidden Falls this Thursday to try to get some experience. I live in Louisiana and it’s all flat land around here.

OP
OP

CenTX JPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 05 TJR 6spd
We'll be in that area some of those days. I can PM you when when we iron out our plans. Welcome to join up for any trails we do.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I loved doing the loop from Webster Pass down through the gulch and back over Red Cone Pass.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
Well depending where you go its hotter here than it is there lately. However, stay over 8000ft and you should be good :)

Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Well depending where you go its hotter here than it is there lately. However, stay over 8000ft and you should be good :)
I just left Central Tx yesterday and it was miserable. The heat and humidty together made the Comal River feel like a God send.

OP
OP

CenTX JPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 05 TJR 6spd
Yep, hot/humid here, thus our annual escape. Our lowest overnight stay will probably be Ouray @ ~7900', the rest will be 8500+. During the daytime we'll try to spend most of the time up higher.

I loved doing the loop from Webster Pass down through the gulch and back over Red Cone Pass.
We've done all the San Juans before, multiple times, but that area keeps me coming back. I am looking forward to Red Cone and more exploring that area. Wife prefers exploring/summit by foot, I prefer 4lo and a gas pedal, the kid likes both.

OP
OP

CenTX JPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 05 TJR 6spd
What about this year, anyone going to be in Colorado this summer? Can meetup for a trail ride or two. We're booked in Ouray for mid/late July, but will also hit other parts of the state.

Last year we did all the San Juan BOH's, Red Cone, Holy Cross and a couple others. A mix of tenting/cabin/motel. After the trip, I had the privileged of installing Reid knuckles and Dynatrac ball joints!

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado escape anyone? IMG_20210708_134142451_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado escape anyone? IMG_20210722_134001292

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
We will be in CO sometime over the summer, but I don’t as yet have a schedule. I’ll check this thread from time to time. We spend some time there most years, but tend to drift around as our whims or the weather dictate.

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
What about this year, anyone going to be in Colorado this summer? Can meetup for a trail ride or two. We're booked in Ouray for mid/late July, but will also hit other parts of the state.

Last year we did all the San Juan BOH's, Red Cone, Holy Cross and a couple others. A mix of tenting/cabin/motel. After the trip, I had the privileged of installing Reid knuckles and Dynatrac ball joints!

IMG_20210708_134142451_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210722_134001292.jpg
My wife and I got married in Crested Butte last July, so we’ll be returning for our anniversary/4th annual Colorado trip. Heading to Ouray for a few days, then CB for 4ish days, then to Denver via Breckenridge area. We did Tincup and Mosquito Pass last year and have done a lot around Denver (Yankee Hill network). Always down to join others if schedules permit!
Sponsored