Sponsored

Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR)

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Goin back to bronze. :like:

Method MR703's wrapped in Raptor rubber ordered.

Love 'em!

Broke my hand trail running up Mt Falcon plus working from home my Jeep has been feeling neglected. At least I can live vicariously through your thread :CWL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Krondor

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Love 'em!

Broke my hand trail running up Mt Falcon plus working from home my Jeep has been feeling neglected. At least I can live vicariously through your thread :CWL:
I'm not going anywhere in snow. lol

Sorry about the hand. What did you do?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not going anywhere in snow. lol

Sorry about the hand. What did you do?

Ahhh just took a spill on what was snow on the way up that turned ice on the way down.

Metacarpal fracture. Had surgery Thursday. Could of got new wheels/tires for the cost of my deductible :(

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) hand

OP
OP
Krondor

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Outback Adventures JL Trailgater!

And because I had to be like Trailrecon and George, I got the Outback Adventures Trailgater. :handsinair:

https://outbackadventureproducts.com/product/jl-trailgater-for-2018-wrangler-jl/

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) 167F9B7F-9F79-4F7A-A087-319B175CE6FE

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) 3EB34710-76B6-43A1-B053-0215A8BC0B62

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) BD30119C-BDFE-45BD-BF5B-53E51FED9B28

The install was really easy and once in, the table is super sturdy. Worthy investment. :rock:

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) A7003277-064F-4A3B-ABBC-4C5ED3AC6D99

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) 1B05D377-9311-4445-8B00-16F421BAB0DA

Christmas bonus? Marco's cookbook!

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) 75E86FF1-6C28-4A86-BB7F-4193CA92D408

I'll be trying a few of these at home and eventually on the trail. Thanks again Doug!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Goin back to bronze. :like:

Method MR703's wrapped in Raptor rubber ordered.
I have had both the Raptor spec K02 and the Ridge Grapplers. I liked the Ridge Grapplers off-road better in sharp rocks (they held up and had less chips etc.) however on road I think the K02 ride was better, probably due to less weight. noise was about the same, and I for stopping in rain etc it was a close tie, with one or the other doing better depending on how many miles were on them. I do think the K02 suffered from balance issues after use and chunks missing etc. way worse than the Ridge grapplers.

I sold my 2020, so now waiting to find my next project. planned to get an LJ, but after driving a few I think I may go with a JK or a 4th JL. however on my 4th JL I will hold out for the Mojave version as that is what I have wanted since it was first teased to be coming and I checked out a JT Mojave.

I like your build and will continue to follow. Good choice on the 703s. my 702s were awesome offroad at low pressure. they are the next best thing to a beadlock. (although I did find they did not fare too well to Moab tough trails. they did not look pristine when I sold it lol).

OP
OP
Krondor

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have had both the Raptor spec K02 and the Ridge Grapplers. I liked the Ridge Grapplers off-road better in sharp rocks (they held up and had less chips etc.) however on road I think the K02 ride was better, probably due to less weight. noise was about the same, and I for stopping in rain etc it was a close tie, with one or the other doing better depending on how many miles were on them. I do think the K02 suffered from balance issues after use and chunks missing etc. way worse than the Ridge grapplers.

I sold my 2020, so now waiting to find my next project. planned to get an LJ, but after driving a few I think I may go with a JK or a 4th JL. however on my 4th JL I will hold out for the Mojave version as that is what I have wanted since it was first teased to be coming and I checked out a JT Mojave.

I like your build and will continue to follow. Good choice on the 703s. my 702s were awesome offroad at low pressure. they are the next best thing to a beadlock. (although I did find they did not fare too well to Moab tough trails. they did not look pristine when I sold it lol).
Thanks for the heads up. I did finally go with KO2's for the weight and comfort. I'm not too worried about off road unless the KM3's sell. Even then, I think the KO2's will do just fine for my needs.

I have every intention to spend more time in California. Desert running and the Rubicon trail are still on my list.

As to the Mojave Wrangler, I have to say it may even tempt me... Much better than the TJ/LJ's IMHO. Look forward to seeing what you build next. :like:

OP
OP
Krondor

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Back to Bronze!

Method MR703's wrapped in BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2's (LT315/70R17/C 113/110S)

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_0828.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_0832.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_0833.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_0834.JPEG

A bit more sure footed on icy roads, and more importantly back to bronze for Wanderer. :handsinair:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Krondor

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
A bit of cleanup today.

@JoeValkIS had filled the void after installing his winch and I had to agree that was a good idea.

I wanted to keep the back of the filler plate intact, but it was not to be. I think it did fill in the gap nicely though, so here you are.

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) 1610287988137

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) 1610287988137

I also took this garage time to redo the Metalcloak tire carrier position. Found out that I'd left one of the bolts a bit less tight than perhaps it should have been.

The squeaking I'd attributed to the weather seals has now been found and stopped.

Thank gawd! :LOL:

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
:LOL:! if it was only that easy, went on a nice drive last night up into the mountains on some local fire roads and then one little trail back into an area that overlooked the valley, and sure enough there is more pebbles to clean out! I found that when you wash the Jeep if your lean on the fender just a little bit the power washer will push them out. but for under $20 for the tubing why deal with it at all.
where did you get the Front Range emblem?

OP
OP
Krondor

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Brawlee Light Bar!

So I finally got some light for the table, and it's not half bad. The remote lets you change the color, brightness, and even has a flashing disco setting for those times where you just want to dance. :CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_1179.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_1213.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_1214.JPEG

I brought the wire out and then under the factory wire channel to bring the them into the cabin.

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_1216.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_1221.JPEG

Now there is light.

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_1223.JPEG

And of all the color options, I'm glad I can use red and avoid bugs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_1211.JPEG

I didn't end up wiring to the dome lights because I want it only when I'm using the table. Otherwise, it remains unplugged and stored in this neat little cubby.

Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado Adventures Continued (Punk'n JLR) IMG_1218.JPEG

Last edited: