First impressions are very stock-like, but a bit more solid? Not harsh at all and drives great. I was expecting it to be stiffer to be honest but there you go. This will change as things break in and I get the alignment dialed in.Amazeballs! Jeep looks very good. How's the ride?
Solid.How's the steering with the Steer Smarts equipment?
The 7" lights and mounts on the left went on the winch guard.Which lights and mount did you use for the winch loop? They look great.
Hi Gary,My first Jeep was a 2006 LJ with 4.5" lift and 35" mud terrains. I loved that Jeep. It got me anywhere I wanted to go and a few places I didn’t.
View attachment 119069
Being my first Jeep I had no idea what my goals were or what I needed to get there. So I followed a meandering build path that led me to much heavier tires on a Jeep that was too tall and no longer fun to drive on the streets. Acceleration, braking, cornering, talking to the wife at speed, all took a hit for the ability to crawl over rocks I wasn’t looking to conquer.
I bought the new 2018 JL to start over. The goal is to wander more and worry less.
I chose the 2 door manual because it’s more suited to my needs/wants: Fun and easy to maneuver. The 4 door auto may have been a better choice for an overlander, but I’m stubborn that way.
Update: I've failed to stave off the upgrade bug. I got larger tires and a 2.5" lift. The trails call, and I will go see what's out there with a bit more clearance and travel.
View attachment 171892 View attachment 197066
I named the Jeep: Wanderer
Ordered on: Saturday 2/3/2018
Born on: Thursday 6/7/2018 at 8:00 PM (MDH: 060720 322AA)
Delivery on: Friday 6/22/2018
- Recovery: Warn Zeon 10-S winch, Warn OE Rubicon winch plate, Factor 55 FlatLink E (Expert) Shackle Mount Assembly in Gray with Rope Guard, Factor 55 Hawse Fairlead 1.0, Factor 55 HitchLink 2.0, Factor 55 Fast Fid, tow strap and tree saver, Bubba Renegade Rope 3/4th 20ft, 3 red Bubba Rope Gator Jaw soft shackles, and 2 D-rings.
- Performance: MetalCloak's 2.5" Game-Changer Suspension System w/Rocksport Shocks, MetalCloak's DuroSpring Microcellular Replacement Bumpers, MetalCloak's JK/JL Front Driveshaft, MetalCloak's RockSport Axle Disconnect Skid Plate Upgrade Kit, Steer Smarts Yeti XD Draglink and Yeti XD Tie Rod, Method MR701 17x8.5 4.75 offset - (30.2 lbs) with Milestar Patagonia M/T LT315/70-R17 OWL Tires - (68.7 lbs), and WheelPros 14x1.5" Black Spline Lug Kit.
- Protection: Rexing car dash cam, Mopar grill & winch guard, Mopar floor liners, Mopar door sill guards, Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit, screen protector, Door hinge protection from Red Rocket Racing, EVO Manufacturing JL ProTek Exhaust Loop & Engine Trans Skid, and Roam Rock Rails
- Comfort: Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop, Hotheads headliner, Neoprene foam tape, Bestop Trektop NX Soft Top, Dynamat and fiber fill used for the speakers, Tesa 51608, 25m x 19mm adhesive wiring cloth tape, JL Key FOB Holster from Gibson Leatherworks
- Safety: (2) Element Fire Extinguishers (Smaller, lighter, no expiration, and works longer!), rip-away EMT molle pouch, and Mopar Mounting Brackets with 7" & 5" LED Offroad Lights
- Storage: Tie down rings for cargo management, a bag to store the back seat, Ridgid Pro Box tied behind front seats, Powertank 10/15lbs Nitrous Bottle Super Bracket to hold the CO2 tank, Trasharoo Spare Tire Trash Bag Black
- Looks: Painted the dash Punk'n, painted the muffler black, and stubby antenna.
- Communications: Baofeng Walkie Talkie UV-5R5 5W Dual-Band Two-Way Ham Radio
- Bestop Retractable Sunshade - Pending release?
- Uniden CMX760 Bearcat Off Road Series Compact Mobile CB Radio
- CHMSL - Mopar?