Sponsored

Color matched D shackles for Punk'n JLU

raddoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Anyone had any luck finding D shackles for a bumper that matches the Punk'n orange? Have tried a few different products on Amazon as well thru Extreme Terrain (specifically the fluorescent orange Steinjager). The color is just enough off that it clashes more than it blends.

Have a feeling I may have to buy some MOPAR spray paint....

TIA
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Anyone had any luck finding D shackles for a bumper that matches the Punk'n orange? Have tried a few different products on Amazon as well thru Extreme Terrain (specifically the fluorescent orange Steinjager). The color is just enough off that it clashes more than it blends.

Have a feeling I may have to buy some MOPAR spray paint....

TIA
I just went with red. Enough of a contrast that it doesn't look like I'm trying to match.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Get the duplicolor or other brand matching paint. Prep them well, prime then, paint them. Paint the pin black though to avoid having too much cowbell

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I just painted them myself. Like you said you can do mopar spray paint, or there are companies online that make matching auto paint. I order from one of them.

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
I just painted them myself. Like you said you can do mopar spray paint, or there are companies online that make matching auto paint. I order from one of them.
These are really close Autmatch isolators in orange with black D-rings.
20190517_134302.jpg

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
These are really close Autmatch isolators in orange with black D-rings.
20190517_134302.jpg
Here is a picture of painted D-Rings. I bought the paint online from a company that color matches.

They look good, but if I had to do it again, I would buy Mopar paint. I went with the online company as they sold full size spray cans. However, the paint is very thin and takes many coats. I rather something that goes on thicker.

20190612_132134.jpg

Vann_DK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Wrangler 2 Door
I went to home depot (or was it lowes) and got the "Husqavarna orange" farm spray paint and painted the steel rings. They look great. Might be a shade off but if so, I havent noticed.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
20190805_174136.jpg

The inserts in the wheels were professionally painted with exact color matching paint.

However, the D-rings, tow hook, differential cover, and calipers are all spray painted orange. The spray paint is not a perfect match, but is hard to notice unless looking closely. So it looks good enough to me.

OP
OP
raddoc

raddoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Ended up ordering a can of Mopar Punk'n spray paint. Took a few coats (didn't prime it... Painted over fluorescent orange shackles) and finished it off with clear coat. Here's the final product. I'm quite pleased as it's a perfect match.

20190818_181248.jpg

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I just went with the orange Mega shackles from Gear America. Great product but the color is really a clash.

I need to buy the paint kit anyway for a touch up and another project so I’m going to sand/prime/paint the ones that I got.

AC41354A-84E9-426C-AEF0-7D18E2D27E2E.jpeg
Sponsored