First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
The days are slowly ticking down to when I will be able to order my new Willys. Within the next few months I will be placing the order and sort of patiently waiting until it gets here. I think I have considered every one of the colors and Sting Gray at some point. The options on the list are easy for me to decide, but how did everyone pick their color? Just a goofy question. :)
Sponsored

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Sting Gray! Had 2 JK’s, a 2012, and 2016 both White, decided to look at options for the JL edition.
This is my 2nd Willys edition, bought a new 2016JK, and now my built 2021 JL Willys picked up Nov. 13th, after 5 weeks... The Sting Gray is awsome!!! Actually the Snazz is nice, but Sting Gray was my choice!! Enjoy!!

Wrongful Suspicion

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
My choice was always Sarge Green, no question, I never even considered Sting Gray until I was sitting at a red light and one drove by me. That color is sharp in person, and now it is easily my second choice.

Sponsored

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
My first choice was an ocean blue Willy’s. We got to the dealship and my wife saw sarge green. Surprisingly, she’s the one who talked me into it and I’m so glad she did. It’s just a fitting color for the Willy’s package obviously.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I was 100% committed to Sarge Green until I saw a Sting Gray Rubicon at our local dealer. Sarge is definitely my 2nd favorite with Chief Blue being my 3rd choice.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I liked the ocean blue A LOT but it’s not my vehicle, the wife picked white. If it was mine it would be Ocean or Mojito.

4DE2930A-5358-47BB-B891-A25D789F9DB6.jpeg

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
My last 3 wranglers were green, and the last was commando green. I loved that color and how it would look completely different in the different lighting. I went to a few dealers and the sting gray always seemed to look different. My wife said it was time for something besides green, and sting gray had us hooked. The red rubicon accent pieces really look great too! Enjoy your new Jeep!

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Debating this now. I had always wanted Granite and then almost bought a Sting-Gray MOAB, then rented a Black Sport, then really wanted a Punk'n just as it got discontinued. I've started to move into the "colors are better than shades of gray" camp, and leaning Firecracker at the moment. Wish there was a darker blue or an orange that wasn't Nacho. My current Tacoma is metallic maroon so Snazz is too similar. And the 4xe decals look sharp with Billet Silver. Choices!

Last edited:

Sponsored

mac6898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
I agree! I spent far too much time debating with myself what color I wanted to get on a Willys. Only thing I knew was that I wasn't going with black or granite because I wanted more color contrast with the black grill/wheels/emblems/top/fenders etc. I finally decided on white and I'm so glad I did! I know there are a ton of white jeeps out there (had one myself about 10 years ago), but I just think it fits that Willys package the best! Just submitted my order today... now that wait begins!

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I blew an engine on my old car and new I wanted a Jeep to replace it. However, I didn't have time to wait to build one. I ended up with billet Silver as it had all the options I wanted. At first I was neutral on the color, but I like it more and more every day.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Color was the easiest decision for me. It *had* to be Punk’n. I’ve wanted an orange vehicle for a long time and even had a 30th Anniversary Miata on reserve (it’s an awesome orange). The Jeep works better for my orthopedic issues so I got it instead. Still got my orange :involve:

IMG_3136-X3.jpg

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
It *had* to be Punk’n
Couldn't put it better myself! :rock:
After I saw a Punk'n Jeep in person, I was sold. I've never owned a vehicle in a bright color, and I'm so happy I made the leap. Get lots of compliments from folks too.
Jeep Wrangler JL Color has got to be the hardest choice! 20201229_093333

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Sting Grey and Punk'n were my top choices but I found a SG locally pretty much exactly how I'd build one so I bought it. SG is nice in person, the shades change pretty drastically depending on lighting.
Sponsored