Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Ocean blue or Hella yella?
I know it’s all personal preference, but I am curious what the owners of these colors have to say, would you do it again?
I am partial to blue, but the ocean blue looks a bit purple, is it just me?
I appreciate your input.
Sponsored

JEB-A-RONI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I'm also in the process of picking what color Jeep I want as well! I know I don't own either, but between the 2 you like, I would choose Hella Yella just because it stands out more and I don't see as many of them on the road compared to other colors. But this is just my thoughts lol. Happy choosing colors!

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I'm also in the process of picking what color Jeep I want as well! I know I don't own either, but between the 2 you like, I would choose Hella Yella just because it stands out more and I don't see as many of them on the road compared to other colors. But this is just my thoughts lol. Happy choosing colors!
Thank you. Good luck to you as well!

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I recall from a different thread that your ride was involved in a traffic crash. Did they end up totaling it out?

As for your question here, I’d go with the blue. It seems to almost change colors a bit based on lighting/scenery around it, and you’re leaning that direction. The yellow isn’t bad, but unless you’re 100% sold on it from the start I’d worry about it getting old over time. Just my thoughts. Good luck on the decision!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I recall from a different thread that your ride was involved in a traffic crash. Did they end up totaling it out?

As for your question here, I’d go with the blue. It seems to almost change colors a bit based on lighting/scenery around it, and you’re leaning that direction. The yellow isn’t bad, but unless you’re 100% sold on it from the start I’d worry about it getting old over time. Just my thoughts. Good luck on the decision!
Yes, sadly my JL was deemed a total loss. So now I am back on the market.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Yes, sadly my JL was deemed a total loss. So now I am back on the market.
So sorry to hear that Noah. Still glad you’re ok. Will be curious to see what you do differently (if anything) with this one. Enjoy the process and the new Jeep, and holler if you need anything!

Last edited:

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I have black cars, and have for a while, but I must say, I do like the Ocean Blue.
I was out with a buddy the other day, and we saw an Ocean Blue, and both of us said, at the same time, "I really like that color!"

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I know it’s all personal preference, but I am curious what the owners of these colors have to say, would you do it again?
I appreciate your input.
I have a 2019 JLUR in HellaYella and love the color. It is a great color, is bright and cheerful, I get a bunch of comments on the color, it is so easy to find in a crowded parking lot and it doesn't show pin striping from off-roading. My wife liked the Ocean Blue more, but I let my daughter who survived Leukemia make the decision and I couldn't be happier with her choice.

There is one caveat with HellaYella, at least in the Sonoran desert of Southern Arizona, bees seem to think it is a gigantic flower and they love to fly around the hood trying to find the pollen.

If you knew that Hydro Blue was going to be released, that would be another color choice to look at. It doesn't appear to have the teal tint like Bikini did and seems to consistently be a vibrant medium blue.

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I appreciate your input.
To be honest, I was looking for a used pumpkin, the ocean blue was equipped exactly how I wanted and at a decent price and I couldn't find a pumpkin with the options I wanted anywhere close.
The ocean blue has really grown on me though, looks really sharp when it's clean.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I love my OB. In the right light at the right angle it does have purple tones, but purple is my favorite color so that's not an issue for me.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I like a good blue as much as the next guy, but I’m sorry, Ocean Blue ain’t it. It is too dark and doesn’t do much for Wrangler.

Yellow gives you a ton more to work with, especially if you use black judiciously as accent color.

Good luck!

Jeep Wrangler JL Color choice... 1597771529759

Jeep Wrangler JL Color choice... 1597771565020

Jeep Wrangler JL Color choice... 1597771760065
Sponsored