Sponsored

Coldwater pressure washing after trails?

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I've got a high pressure Ryobi gas powered unit that totally rocks. The problem I have is that Rousch Creek and AOAA are in coal country and the mud is oily from runoff and very stubborn to get off. I use chemical Guys premix in the tank to get the body stuff and an under carriage washer for the underside. I then do a bucket was of the body and take special care to hit all the oily clay spots..
Sponsored

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Does't really work well... I have no hot water tap at the rinse station in my building. Normal coldwater pressure washing leaves white mud/dust streams and stains when car dries. (mine is black JL )... Pressure washer I use is good - Bosh 1600 psi. Is there any powerful detergent for cold power pressure washing which actually helps?
I use Salt Lick by Hotsy. I have a Hotsy cold water unit for the drive and big stuff. I also have a Kranzle unit and use it for that too. The Salt Lick is concentrated and goes a lonnnnnng way. I have a 5 gallon pale and pour maybe an ounce or two in my foamer, with the rest water. I am a retired farmer and love cleaning equipment. The salt lick breaks down salt from road chemicals, but it is great on dirt and crud too. There are also presoaks available like car washes use. You mention your black JL and water stains etc. I have black vehicles too. Best thing I ever did was to get a DI water system for the power washers. No spots and works great. They are not super expensive for a simple unit.

https://hotsyequipment.com/detergent/salt-lick/

Last edited: