First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Has anyone been up here recently? Ranger said the road to sites 17-19 are in bad shape and require skill, but those are the sites I want to stay at. I’m not sure if he’s over exaggerating or if they’re in worst condition than online images. I’m taking my 392 and Turtleback trailer up on Friday for the weekend. Haven’t taken the trailer on anything decent yet and just want to get a little more insight.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sbnf/recarea/?recid=79906
Sponsored

Js_inthehouse

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl unlimited
Went a couple weeks ago, you should be fine. Couple rutted out parts but plenty of stock vehicles get through. Weekends get crowded up there

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Went a couple weeks ago, you should be fine. Couple rutted out parts but plenty of stock vehicles get through. Weekends get crowded up there
Thanks for the feedback on being crowded. Maybe I’ll just go back to Thomas Moutain Yellow
Post sites. It gets crowded even up to YP site 19?

Js_inthehouse

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl unlimited
Thanks for the feedback on being crowded. Maybe I’ll just go back to Thomas Moutain Yellow
Post sites. It gets crowded even up to YP site 19?
I would say 19 is the most popular spot, it holds the most vehicles so you will probably have others around you parking and hanging out.

Screenshot_20211110-135511.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I would say 19 is the most popular spot, it holds the most vehicles so you will probably have others around you parking and hanging out.

Screenshot_20211110-135511.png
Got it so 17 or 18 are more secluded?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Everything I am reading, it looks like a piece of cake but the wire endured one scary moment off roading with me and that was enough to cause trauma. So just doing my diligence.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/3164-3n06a-cold-water-canyon
Jeep Wrangler JL Coldwater Canyon Yellow Post Sites - SoCal giphy (1)

Lol, but seriously it gets better. My wife used to get out of the Jeep every time we had to go over anything bigger than a baseball, now she just sticks her head out the window and tells me "your going to scratch your wheels again", like I care.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Jeep Wrangler JL Coldwater Canyon Yellow Post Sites - SoCal giphy (1)

Lol, but seriously it gets better. My wife used to get out of the Jeep every time we had to go over anything bigger than a baseball, now she just sticks her head out the window and tells me "your going to scratch your wheels again", like I care.
Yeah her Sahara was weighted down too much and was top heavy because of the rack and RTT. The trail was probably at a high 5 or low 6 because of the current conditions. Badly rutted and boulders more exposed than normal. We almost got stuck on one but got traction under the tires and put it in 4L.

She hasn’t been Offroading in my in my Rubicon yet. I told her it’s completely different.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Yeah her Sahara was weighted down too much and was top heavy because of the rack and RTT. The trail was probably at a high 5 or low 6 because of the current conditions. Badly rutted and boulders more exposed than normal. We almost got stuck on one but got traction under the tires and put it in 4L.

She hasn’t been Offroading in my in my Rubicon yet. I told her it’s completely different.
Be careful, once they get over the fear they can become bad influences, my wife is getting to the "bet you can't climb that", and "when you gonna get those 60's on" point now. It's scary.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Be careful, once they get over the fear they can become bad influences, my wife is getting to the "bet you can't climb that", and "when you gonna get those 60's on" point now. It's scary.
Haha love it! We will get her there. Hopefully the trails are a little rough to show her the difference between my Jeep and hers. I’m excited to see how my trailer with the Icon suspension system handles some medium trails.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Haha love it! We will get her there. Hopefully the trails are a little rough to show her the difference between my Jeep and hers. I’m excited to see how my trailer with the Icon suspension system handles some medium trails.
Right on bud, enjoy and make sure you post up some pics!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Right on bud, enjoy and make sure you post up some pics!
Will do! I’m still debating between going back to Thomas Mountain YP sites or going to Cold Water Canyon YP sites. I don’t want a lot of crowds. Cold Water seems to have some good hiking and mountain biking.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s funny. And when are you getting those 60s on 😂

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
That’s funny. And when are you getting those 60s on 😂
Jeep Wrangler JL Coldwater Canyon Yellow Post Sites - SoCal tumblr_1ee414fe10cb19ef444ee0b85245d3ba_62e5721f_400

Lol, I had a couple of life events happen that put me in lockdown mode on spending. I still need to get Anti Rocks for the front and rear, it just doesn't make sense to do axles, coilovers, fenders and liners without doing those at the same time. I've recovered from the financial squeeze, which wasn't really that bad, but now I have some travel plans for Thanksgiving. So, hopefully between Thanksgiving and Christmas, or maybe after Christmas but no later than Easter... :CWL: :CWL:
Jeep Wrangler JL Coldwater Canyon Yellow Post Sites - SoCal hesitate-pause

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
tumblr_1ee414fe10cb19ef444ee0b85245d3ba_62e5721f_400.gif

Lol, I had a couple of life events happen that put me in lockdown mode on spending. I still need to get Anti Rocks for the front and rear, it just doesn't make sense to do axles, coilovers, fenders and liners without doing those at the same time. I've recovered from the financial squeeze, which wasn't really that bad, but now I have some travel plans for Thanksgiving. So, hopefully between Thanksgiving and Christmas, or maybe after Christmas but no later than Easter... :CWL: :CWL:
hesitate-pause.gif
Glad to hear Jeep budget is back open 👍🏻. That budget for everything would make me VERY uncomfortable :).
So date is fluid 😂.
Sponsored