Cold Weather Package Contents - Manual Transmission

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I’m in the same boat here. It seems some of us who ordered in Feb with the cold weather package for the block heater and some didn’t. It all depended on when your Jeep headed down the assembly line. The odd thing is, if you compare the two window stickers you’ll see the increase in prices FCA did, but one Jeep will have a block heater in the cold weather package for $895 and one won’t but the cold weather package is still $895 for the autos.

I ordered mine on 25 Feb and didn’t get the block heater. I’m upset as my dealer nor FCA informed me and gave me the chance to add it to my order. It’s like they took a $95 part off a package, raised the base price and destination charge, then expected to just accept it. Kinda sucks on their part.

I’m trying to work this through jeepcares, but they don’t seem to understand my issue. I may call corporate directly and see what they say.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m in the same boat here. It seems some of us who ordered in Feb with the cold weather package for the block heater and some didn’t. It all depended on when your Jeep headed down the assembly line. The odd thing is, if you compare the two window stickers you’ll see the increase in prices FCA did, but one Jeep will have a block heater in the cold weather package for $895 and one won’t but the cold weather package is still $895 for the autos.

I ordered mine on 25 Feb and didn’t get the block heater. I’m upset as my dealer nor FCA informed me and gave me the chance to add it to my order. It’s like they took a $95 part off a package, raised the base price and destination charge, then expected to just accept it. Kinda sucks on their part.

I’m trying to work this through jeepcares, but they don’t seem to understand my issue. I may call corporate directly and see what they say.
I haven’t taken delivery yet and haven’t decided exactly how I’ll handle this yet. Let me know how it goes for you. What did your dealer say?

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Didn’t really work it through the dealer as I don’t think they can do much. If I don’t get anywhere with jeepcares I may see what the dealer can do. They did figure out how to ensure the original price was honored which at first they thought I’d have to pay.

I’ll keep everyone posted.

RNJeeper

First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU white Sport S
Occupation
RN
I live in Florida so I really didn’t need the block heater, mainly got the cold weather package because I drive all day as a home care nurse and the heated seats are nice on my back. But I’m Canadian and those block heaters came in handy with my prior vehicles so glad I have it for my trips back “home”. I would be very upset about it not coming with one as listed when I ordered it.

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
Hi ... Same problem ... But dealer thinks block heater is an easy dealer add on and is going to try installing after the fact no charge ... :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi ... Same problem ... But dealer thinks block heater is an easy dealer add on and is going to try installing after the fact no charge ... :)
Nice. I am hoping my dealer has a different tune when I take delivery. I wasn’t thrilled with their initial response.

summervb21

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I have a build sheet from back in early Feb that I printed to PDF from the Jeep website where I selected the $595 Cold Weather Package & it shows the Engine Block Heater included. File is too large to upload here, so PM me & I'm happy to send to anyone.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
I have a build sheet from back in early Feb that I printed to PDF from the Jeep website where I selected the $595 Cold Weather Package & it shows the Engine Block Heater included. File is too large to upload here, so PM me & I'm happy to send to anyone.
Yeah, I ordered mine 2/19 with cold weather group and the website did say heater was included. Well, mine was finally just built and no, it doesn’t have the heater. I just grilled Jeep Chat about this and they stuck their head in the sand while telling me it was the dealer’s problem. Like the dealer has control over Jeep’s website. They refused to escalate the issue, just like when they refused to acknowledge my vehicle had been in D1 for at least 30 days. Unbelievable dishonesty in the face of irrefutable proof. @JeepCares

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah, I ordered mine 2/19 with cold weather group and the website did say heater was included. Well, mine was finally just built and no, it doesn’t have the heater. I just grilled Jeep Chat about this and they stuck their head in the sand while telling me it was the dealer’s problem. Like the dealer has control over Jeep’s website. They refused to escalate the issue, just like when they refused to acknowledge my vehicle had been in D1 for at least 30 days. Unbelievable dishonesty in the face of irrefutable proof. @JeepCares
Yep. JeepChat gave me the run around. @JeepCares had me send them a PM and then said I needed to contact my dealer to have it installed as it was too late to change my order. They didn’t even read the messages just generic garbage from them. End of the day, the dealer just took $95 off the purchase price and that was that.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Yep. JeepChat gave me the run around. @JeepCares had me send them a PM and then said I needed to contact my dealer to have it installed as it was too late to change my order. They didn’t even read the messages just generic garbage from them. End of the day, the dealer just took $95 off the purchase price and that was that.
Well, I’ll demand they install it or credit me the full part/labor value...
Sponsored