x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the cold weather and led packages are up about $100. Just got a POC with the updated numbers, which haven't been updated on jeep.com's configurator yet.

jkur_poc_zpsrpvayool.png
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Yeah I noticed cold weather went up a while ago. LEDs going up is new. Not surprised.

995 is such a rip off for cold weather.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
As they keep bumping up prices on these things, I keep taking things off of my build. I’m not paying a grand for led’s!!! At 900 I was in, but not now. I’m actually going to test drive a manual to see if that’s the way I wanna go.

steelrain82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I noticed this today when my sticker showed up in the tracker. I ordered a Sahara back in May and from my order sheet here is what I noticed increased in price.

MSRP: $450
Cold Weather: $100
LEDs: $100
All Weather Mats: $20
Destination Fee: $50

A price increase of $720. I will need to call the dealer to ensure they will honor the original price when I placed my order and deposit.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
It’s nonsense, I believe they will eventually drive buyers away. I think they’ve done 3 price increases along with delivery charge now $1500. And when the 2019 are able to be ordered expect another increase...that will be at least 4-5 increases within the first year.

They really capitalize on being the only vehicle in its class at this price point, G wag isn’t compared.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The factory options are RIP OFF CITY man...it's just nuts.

Here's a view of a $130 set of LED bulbs in halogen housings compared to the OE $995 LED housings. Keep in mind that there are even better aftermarket LED bulbs available than the ones I use.

Save the money! Go aftermarket!

LEDpattern.jpg

LEDpatternOE.jpg

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I agree the oem options are pricey, but any bulb upgrade in a halogen housing might not be dot approved. Incoming traffic won’t be too fond of you, especially is you lift your jl

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The factory options are RIP OFF CITY man...it's just nuts.

Here's a view of a $130 set of LED bulbs in halogen housings compared to the OE $995 LED housings. Keep in mind that there are even better aftermarket LED bulbs available than the ones I use.

Save the money! Go aftermarket!

LEDpattern.jpg

LEDpatternOE.jpg
I know many think these LED bulbs in halogen housings are fine but I assure you they are not fine for the poor bastard that is getting hit in the face with them. Looking at those pics the LED bulbs in halogen housing have a wider spread at the brightest points, do not have a clean cut off, and are much higher than the factory LED projector housing made by JW Speaker.

You all do what you want to save a few bucks after spending 40K plus on a vehicle though. I will keep cursing every driver that uses these as I can pick them out every time due to being blinded by the light they throw. It is dangerous to the other drivers on the road whether you want to admit it or not.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Ray Charles could see that the LED bulb upgrade above puts out more light, a broader field of view, and still maintains a sharp upper cutoff compared to the OE setup. It's a no brainer.

I've had these now for a year and the only time oncoming traffic has flashed me is once when I was towing a trailer which causes the nose of the Jeep to lift up a tad. Otherwise, no issues at all. I've seen OE projection lights on various brands that blind traffic worse than these I have.

steveg

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, Ram 1500
As they keep bumping up prices on these things, I keep taking things off of my build. I’m not paying a grand for led’s!!! At 900 I was in, but not now. I’m actually going to test drive a manual to see if that’s the way I wanna go.
I know a grand is a lot but I gotta tell you. My JK to my JL.... I was in Awe with the change in the lighting. Well worth it.
Sponsored