Sponsored

Cold or warm start timing chain or cam phaser rattle?

Michael3

First Name
U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Mine is very noisy on cold starts. Seems to have a light tick when warm. Been running high octane gas and it's not any better.
So I have the same issue 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. 45,000M . Dropped it off to the dealer and picked up a rental car. After three days the asked for oil changed receipts. After giving them what I had they still denied my claim after stating I needed a new motor. Apparently my oil change receipts were didn’t look legit. ( I went to a small place who gave me some little paper receipts). Anyways this is a common problem and it’s the Rockerarms which are defective from the manufacture and rattling around in the camshaft. Big problem if driven for too long. Currently in the process of resolving this issue. Dealership is denying my warranty . Very dissatisfied, completely unprofessional and un helpful.
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The 2.0T requires a specific oil to prevent blow by, and Low Speed Pre- Ignition ( LSPI) which can, and does, occur in turbocharged small displacement engines.
If your DIY/non- dealer receipts lack oil specific information, they have legitimate grounds to deny your Warranty claims. To all those who think any oil will Do, WRONG.

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
The 2.0T requires a specific oil to prevent blow by, and Low Speed Pre- Ignition ( LSPI) which can, and does, occur in turbocharged small displacement engines.
If your DIY/non- dealer receipts lack oil specific information, they have legitimate grounds to deny your Warranty claims. To all those who think any oil will Do, WRONG.
That’s gonna be interesting to me when I go do my oil this time since I used my last free oil change. Might just start recording myself do the oil and add it in the maintenance on the mopar app. Just in case I have issues in the future.
Sponsored