Sponsored

Cold by legs

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Anyone else in a cold climate have cold by your shins? The steel part of the door is cold to the touch and radiates cold. No insulation.
Sponsored

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
Yep I get some cold by my legs and a few other spots.

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
My wife complains all the time about her legs getting cold air on them. I am going to bring it in next oil change and mention it. I think a vent selector is sticking or something because I can feel it and it seems to be behind the glovebox on her side.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
To heat up the cabin faster (and stop losing heat), Sound Assassin might be a good solution for you. It's our sound damping and thermal insulation material with a radiant barrier that does a pretty great job.

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks but that won’t stop cold air from coming in the cab.

To heat up the cabin faster (and stop losing heat), Sound Assassin might be a good solution for you. It's our sound damping and thermal insulation material with a radiant barrier that does a pretty great job.

Sponsored

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Did you buy a Jeep or a car? The doors are luckey to be 2 inches thick. I believe there is a warning they help protect from the elements not even crash worthy.

Rharv

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Did you buy a Jeep or a car? The doors are luckey to be 2 inches thick. I believe there is a warning they help protect from the elements not even crash worthy.
What do you mean by that?

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
I mean it's a jeep. The doors are thin. There isn't going to be insulation in them. It's not a luxury vehicle. It's a utilitarian vehicle. Yes some are dressed up a little more then others. It's like putting lipstick on a pig. Its still a pig. I keep reading post with people bitching about wind noise or a little draft here or there. or the hard top is loud ecttt.. If they drove a yj they would have a melt down. I was also serious about the doors and top. There is a warning in the jeep that says they were not designed to protect or contain you incase of an accident

Rharv

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
I mean it's a jeep. The doors are thin. There isn't going to be insulation in them. It's not a luxury vehicle. It's a utilitarian vehicle. Yes some are dressed up a little more then others. It's like putting lipstick on a pig. Its still a pig. I keep reading post with people bitching about wind noise or a little draft here or there. or the hard top is loud ecttt.. If they drove a yj they would have a melt down. I was also serious about the doors and top. There is a warning in the jeep that says they were not designed to protect or contain you incase of an accident

Didn’t now about that warning and agree that it’s a Jeep and not a Lexus or bmw or any car the is more built for comfort. However there is cases the the hvac system will blow cold air out I think it’s the climate control system switching to outside air. My wife one time said she had cold air blowing on her. The climate control system was in auto I just use normal heat now and not set it to auto. Seems to work fine. And a cold air is in a cj5 or cj7 they had no heat. But like 2k new

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have had many Jeep’s CJ5/7 YJ/jK and now JL. Every Jeep I have owned had over the top heating this is a setting that is sticking causing it to happen. So I guess that guy s a newbie...
Sponsored