JustDave

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Do you have any specific fault codes to go by?
There were just all kinds of codes flashing on the dash. They'd be on for a second or two & then go to the next one. Some that I caught were, abs, air bags, electrical system, battery needs charged. There were others, but I didn't catch all of them. Afterwards, nothing was wrong.
Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Certainly not the expert here, but this is sounding more and more like it's NOT the CAI.

G.

OP
OP
JustDave

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Certainly not the expert here, but this is sounding more and more like it's NOT the CAI.

G.
I totally agree the more i say it. It's going to the dealership friday, so wish me luck

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sorta sounds like the aux battery might be giving out... that thing causes really weird errors when it does.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JustDave

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Sorta sounds like the aux battery might be giving out... that thing causes really weird errors when it does.
Better not be. Only has 10,000 miles on it.

OP
OP
JustDave

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
so? It’s a battery that fits in one hand. Why wouldn’t it be bad?
I don't care how big it is, it's the price that matters. If it only lasts a year & cost $200, then it's a big deal. According to posts on this Forum a battery installed can cost $800. No problem while it's under warranty, but after that it becomes a problem.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I don't care how big it is, it's the price that matters. If it only lasts a year & cost $200, then it's a big deal. According to posts on this Forum a battery installed can cost $800. No problem while it's under warranty, but after that it becomes a problem.
they’re more like $120 after tax,roughly equivalent to 2 tanks of gas, which lasts about 2 weeks.

OP
OP
JustDave

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
they’re more like $120 after tax,roughly equivalent to 2 tanks of gas, which lasts about 2 weeks.
If everything only lasted a year, it would be a 1000 tanks of gas. I don't get your point at all. You're not mentioning labor ether. Like I said, people on this forum has said it cost them $800 with labor. If you had to replace all of your lug nuts every year, it would be crazy. There's enough things that you have to replace every year, an $120-$800 battery is ridiculous, especially when it goes it leaves you stranded on the side of the road.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
If everything only lasted a year, it would be a 1000 tanks of gas. I don't get your point at all. You're not mentioning labor ether. Like I said, people on this forum has said it cost them $800 with labor. If you had to replace all of your lug nuts every year, it would be crazy. There's enough things that you have to replace every year, an $120-$800 battery is ridiculous, especially when it goes it leaves you stranded on the side of the road.
who said every year? Every 3-4 years is normal. You had a bad one. It’s okay.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Dave, your description of error codes and dashboard warning lights (post #16) does suggest a battery that is reaching the end of its practical service life. Yes, perhaps it's occurring prematurely, given that you have a 2021 Jeep, but such failures can manifest themselves in seemingly unrelated ways.

While the expense can be an annoyance, do consider the idea of replacing one or both batteries as a prophylactic measure. Doing so in my own vehicles has solved issues similar to your own. Granted, I was trying to squeeze the last volt out of my batteries before investing in a quality replacement.

OP
OP
JustDave

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Dave, your description of error codes and dashboard warning lights (post #16) does suggest a battery that is reaching the end of its practical service life. Yes, perhaps it's occurring prematurely, given that you have a 2021 Jeep, but such failures can manifest themselves in seemingly unrelated ways.

While the expense can be an annoyance, do consider the idea of replacing one or both batteries as a prophylactic measure. Doing so in my own vehicles has solved issues similar to your own. Granted, I was trying to squeeze the last volt out of my batteries before investing in a quality replacement.
I'll find out tomorrow & hope this isn't happening all of the time. I actuallyy have the ESS turned off with a Tazer, so I don''t think that little battery is actually getting any use. Hopefully it's just a bad battery.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I'll find out tomorrow & hope this isn't happening all of the time. I actuallyy have the ESS turned off with a Tazer, so I don''t think that little battery is actually getting any use. Hopefully it's just a bad battery.
The auxiliary battery is in use all the time.