Cold Air Intake by Mopar?

diesel_jeep

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
Is this actually a build option or an error on the build page? According to my 2021 build sheet I have the 3.73 gears in my diesel rubicon build but on the build website it says 4.10 gears. So trying to see if anyone was actually able to order the cai? I also didn’t realize the front trail camera was an option. So if this was an option that’ll be two boxes I didn’t check. My sticker was 64,435
I just built two 2021 JL's one a Sport and the other a Rubicon. The Rubicon came with 3.73 gears (which would be the same as the 2020' models) strangely enough the Sport has 3.45 gears. There is no option that I can tell on the Jeep build website to configure an ecodiesel with 4.10's.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 6.26.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 6.26.43 AM.png
Advertisement

DrRay81

First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
2021 rubicon build on jeep website shows 4:10 gears. also for 2021's the diesel option should be $4500 not $4000. also spoke with my dealer and he said that there is no cold air intake available on their build system for the diesel

image.jpg

Last edited:

JLRyder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Build Thread
Link
Help me understand the hood vent really quick...with the door open/off it’s wide open to the air box? So in Florida, you would have to stop driving, pop the hood, and put in the little door every time you drove into rain? Or does it somehow separate and drain the water out the bottom of the filter box? I know it’s out there (challenger shaker hood for example) just curious how it works in this application. Thanks!

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Hi, a couple of questions on the Mopar cold air intake:
1) has anyone dyno’d it before/after and know the performance improvement (if any). I have a 2.0 turbo with eboost and would be especially curious about that.
2) has anyone had a dealer install and if so, what did it cost? (I’m not keen about cutting my hood myself....)

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Hi, a couple of questions on the Mopar cold air intake:
1) has anyone dyno’d it before/after and know the performance improvement (if any). I have a 2.0 turbo with eboost and would be especially curious about that.
2) has anyone had a dealer install and if so, what did it cost? (I’m not keen about cutting my hood myself....)
You'll likely get a throaty intake roar, but no performance gains of any kind. In the past I added CAI to several cars - all show, no go. But...that's okay. They sound/look nice. The hood-cutting would also scare me. And, the dealers probably have very limited experience doing the cuts as well.

In order to get performance gains you'll need to pack more air into the engine; either by introducing cold air which is more dense (therefore greater volume of air) and/or by introducing a ram-air effect (like a forward-facing hood scoop) that will only really work at higher speeds. The side-mounted location won't get a ram-air effect.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
cold air on a TURBO diesel is about as useful as a rear spoiler on a front wheel drive car. the turbo is going to heat up the air pre intake no matter how it is piped in. I mean, yeah if our factory intakes were restrictive like back in the day on the old YJ's then sure, this would be great, but our airbox does really work well. Now if they can make this a snorkel system, now that would be nice! Id'e never use it, but It would still be nice and I'de most likely install it because why not!

AFD

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
Sorry to bump an old thread, but was just curious why the factory-installed Mopar cold air intake option isn't available on 3.6 w/automatic (configurator has only ever allowed it when selecting both manual and the non-eTorque 3.6). Is it a fitment issue that restricts installation of this and other intake systems or some other issue?

Advertisement

JKS Manufacturing

Advertisement