Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 2DR Rubicon. I went with 33" tires (tried BF Goodrich K02s, BF Goodrich KM3s, Falken Wildpeak ATs, and Milestar Patagonia MTs). I upgraded my shocks to Falcon because it was fun. Somehow that gave me an added 2". No idea why unless I have them set too stiff. I now have 40" from the ground to bottom of the stock fender. I then upgraded my lower Control Arms with a set of adjustable Rusty Offroad. I am now going with 35" Mickey Thompson MTZs. So, I am looking at springs. I also have a set of SteerSmart endlinks I want to try (they are 9" so you have to have at least 2.5" lift). I am looking at upgrading my stock springs to 2" (most likely Rusty Offroad, unless advised not to). After watching this video, baring in mind I have a Rubicon with its naturally higher stance) I am pondering if I should go with another 1" coil spacer or a 3" coil spring set. I realize it may strike some people as ludicrous, but I would go to all of this trouble just to make the SteerSmart endlinks work because its a puzzle. Any thoughts, ideas, anecdotes, grave reservations, or even a chocolate chip cookie recipe?

J132929-JL.jpeg

rusty offroad lower control arms.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.53.13 PM.png
Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds like a lot of work to run 35s! They should fit without a lift. And if you gained 2" by just shocks alone which boggles my mind, then you should have plenty of room as it sits now. Try it with 35s before going through all that trouble.

OP
OP
brain

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You are absolutely right. And, I freely admit I am only doing all of this because it's fun. I genuinely enjoy all the research, experimenting, evaluating, and learning how to do the work myself. I keep thinking I should have chronicled twelve Wranglers and all the efforts on YouTube.

On my last Rubicon JL 2DR I had the Mopar 2" lift and ran 38's. See picture.

Brian Corks Bad Ass Wrangler JL.jpeg

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I am the same way, the build is half the fun. What made you move on from your last JL to this one if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
brain

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I got interested in the Land Rover Discovery. That was interesting. However, it was also a mistake.
Sponsored