Sponsored

Coil Spring issues with Mopar 2" lift - How many?

VenturePoe

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My new kit just ordered has a new perch included with the kit. Haven't installed yet, but maybe will correct?
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
My new kit just ordered has a new perch included with the kit. Haven't installed yet, but maybe will correct?
most of the problems with the Mopar lift were cleared up year ago. Mine has been on since last July no problems at all. I haven't heard of anybody have any problems with the Mopar lift in the last year. They'll be some that says it's not worth it you don't get this or that to each his own you want to spend more spend more spend less than last it's what makes your boat float that's why they make different choices because everyone is not happy with the same thing

VenturePoe

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
most of the problems with the Mopar lift were cleared up year ago. Mine has been on since last July no problems at all. I haven't heard of anybody have any problems with the Mopar lift in the last year. They'll be some that says it's not worth it you don't get this or that to each his own you want to spend more spend more spend less than last it's what makes your boat float that's why they make different choices because everyone is not happy with the same thing
Thanks Man, Dallas Offroad is still quoting me the problem, and asked 2x to install saying I would need new LCAs and a new trackbar since I went with that and not Terra. Hopefully, the new kit has not problems.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I installed the mopar 2in lift on my jlur a few weeks ago. Didn't have the spring bowing issue. Rides great.[/
My Mopar lift was installed by my dealer last fall and I have not had any problems with it at all. No extra components needed either.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
The Mopar Springs are supposed to bow per the diagram below. The bowing is also more pronounced based on the weight of the front end ie: bumpers winch and other aftermarket items. Bowing is NOT an issue it is by design to facilitate clearances.

springs_zpsmvvbsw2p.jpg

Last edited:

Sabrinamarcus

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Hi All,
I had the 2"JLUR lift kit since I purchased my jeep new in 2018. It is dealer installed. I have 37" tires and have rock crawled many trails including Rubicon and Dusy. I just noticed my front passenger coil spring is Bowed. Any thoughts what causes this, or is it a defective coil spring
Jeep Wrangler JL Coil Spring issues with Mopar 2" lift -  How many? 20201014_103233

20201014_103233.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Hi All,
I had the 2"JLUR lift kit since I purchased my jeep new in 2018. It is dealer installed. I have 37" tires and have rock crawled many trails including Rubicon and Dusy. I just noticed my front passenger coil spring is Bowed. Any thoughts what causes this, or is it a defective coil spring
Jeep Wrangler JL Coil Spring issues with Mopar 2" lift -  How many? 20201014_103233

Do a search there's so many threads posted on this you need to buy the isolators from rock Krawler.They go underneath the spring and they'll straighten the spring out they're 30 bucks for a pair go to their website and you'll see them there are many many threads that people posted about this in the very beginning two years ago when they had this problem I had the same problem when I put those isolators on it straighten my springs up

Sabrinamarcus

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Do a search there's so many threads posted on this you need to buy the isolators from rock Krawler.They go underneath the spring and they'll straighten the spring out they're 30 bucks for a pair go to their website and you'll see them there are many many threads that people posted about this in the very beginning two years ago when they had this problem I had the same problem when I put those isolators on it straighten my springs up
Forst, thanks for responding. I did do the search and saw the post about the insulators. The reason I still posted was for the following reasons:
1 - It wasn't bowed until recently
2 - It is only the passenger side Coil.
3 -There was talk about a Mopar fix. I have no problem spending 30 bucks but there seems like there should been a mopar fix by now

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Supposedly they fixed the problem on the new kits that went out I don't know

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,

Is your axle centered side to side? Do you have adjustable track bar ? Also I can’t see the back side of the isolator, is it collapsed. I had one collapse on me, made the spring bow. Also check upper isolator make sure it didn’t turn.

Kmarc86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
@Sabrinamarcus, I think the fix to the exaggerated spring bow was redesigned pads... I just had MOPAR lift installed on my JL and the more I look at the front spring pads, the less I like them. That said, I dont see too many complaints on spring bow from new MOPAR lift kit owners. That could mean:
1) Its not an issue with the new kits.
2) People are just tired of talking about it.
3) I am terrible at searching forums and get tired of sifting through threads. (Probably this one... hahaha)

But, A lot of the people who bought the RK pads to correct the bow seem to have gotten great results.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have had a Mopar lift on my JLR for 13,000 OD miles and another 25+ flat towing. I got the AB kit online for a grand and added the Rock Krawler pads on the front. Zero issues and IMHO it is a great value buy. I run 37's and am a happy 4 wheeler and my JLR is not a DD'r.

Sabrinamarcus

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Is your axle centered side to side? Do you have adjustable track bar ? Also I can’t see the back side of the isolator, is it collapsed. I had one collapse on me, made the spring bow. Also check upper isolator make sure it didn’t turn.
I do have adjustable track bar, but it is centered. I will check the isolator.

P&PJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Hi All,

I had the dealer install a Mopar 2" lift in May 2020. At first the passenger rear was 1" low and the front was 3/4" low. They replaced the passenger rear spring, passenger front spring, then the driver shock and the issue wasn't corrected. Then the passenger front spring bowed, like yours. Dealer replaced front spring pads with aftermarket and installed an adjustable front track arm, which corrected the spring bow. Mine bowed so bad that the steering track arm was rubbing against the spring. Still waiting on what they are going to do to correct the passenger sag.
Sponsored