Sponsored

Coil Spring issues with Mopar 2" lift - How many?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
So you went with 35s ? i was thinking you were going with 37s. the dealership is telling me they have 4 kits in stock to put on a JL. they say there is no problem with the springs just the way you install them. I know thats not true. This many people are over the USA couldn't all be installing them wrong lol.
Nah, I don't need 37s. In fact, given how high this thing is with 35s, I don't think my Jeep would clear the garage door if I added a couple more inches. My JL actually stands taller than my JKUR did with the same tires and Teraflex's 2.5" lift.

That being said, this kit is incredibly easy to install and there aren't a lot of ways to do it wrong unless you're a special kind of stupid. The only hurdle I ran into were the front control arm bolts; those were an absolute bitch to get off, even with a impact driver. Everything else went really smooth and I had fun putting this thing together. It's a great weekend garage project.

MVIMG_20180303_151812.jpg

MVIMG_20180304_163537.jpg

IMG_20180304_230725.jpg

Do you feel like they should have a track bar with the kit ? does it need one ?
No. It doesn't need one. I just want them so I can absolutely center my axles. I didn't even bother with an alignment after I finished installing everything because it drives nice and smooth. I just adjusted the drag link to center the steering wheel.

someone told me without it will get death wobble bad in time and then someone else said you dont need a track bar unless you go over 3 inches on a lift so i wish i new if it needs a track bar or not
Yes, an adjustable trackbar is recommended the higher you go because it'll shift the axle over that much more. However, that doesn't have anything to do with death wobble. Death wobble is more indicative of loose or worn suspension components. As long as everything is installed correctly, you shouldn't run into that issue.

One of the biggest reasons why so many early JKs were getting death wobble was because of the large number of poorly engineered lift kits that had flooded the market. Most of them used a relocation bracket that the stock axle trackbar mounts were not designed to handle. They'd either wallow out holes or snap the bracket off entirely.

Not only are the JL's mounting brackets significantly stronger, most aftermarket companies learned their lessons with the JK and designed trackbar relocation brackets that mount around the entire axle.

MVIMG_20180304_232703.jpg
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Everyone has told me with 37s the JL will fit in a normal garage with the 7-foot door. I sure hope that's right.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Everyone has told me with 37s the JL will fit in a normal garage with the 7-foot door. I sure hope that's right.
Eh, you can't just make a blanket statement like that without considering the tires and accessories installed. A JL with 37" tires and nothing else will fit under a 7' garage door, sure. However, a lift kit will change that and not all lifts are the same. Not all tires are the same, either. 37" BFG KO2's are not the same height as 37" Goodyear Duratracs.

There are too many variables to consider to generalize what's going to fit under a door. My JL with 35s barely clears mine. If I had 37s installed and a roof rack or lights mounted on a bar above the windshield, I guarantee it would NOT clear a 7' garage door.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Okay I will agree with that. But a few people that I did talk to said the Mopar lift and 37s was fitting inside the garage with a 7-foot door. I measured my opening in the garage and read what someone said there JL was with the 37s and the Mopar lift and Cooper SST pro on. it I think I should have no problem it should clear by about 4 inch's. If not we'll figure it out I guess

Stzeranakis

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jlur
I received my 2" lift kit today and it had 2 right side isolators. If installed on the left side could it cause the bowing issue?

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Okay I will agree with that. But a few people that I did talk to said the Mopar lift and 37s was fitting inside the garage with a 7-foot door. I measured my opening in the garage and read what someone said there JL was with the 37s and the Mopar lift and Cooper SST pro on. it I think I should have no problem it should clear by about 4 inch's. If not we'll figure it out I guess
I had 4” clearance on my 7’ door today. I’m running 37” KO2’s

Mathusala

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Got my jeep back from having the lift installed yesterday, on a lift that just came in last week. Driver side has bow passenger side does not.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Dang that sucks. And I really want to do the Mopar lift because of the fox shocks and it gives you 3 inchs why can't they fix this ? What's the dealer saying about it when you showed it to them

Mathusala

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Dang that sucks. And I really want to do the Mopar lift because of the fox shocks and it gives you 3 inchs why can't they fix this ? What's the dealer saying about it when you showed it to them
Headed back to talk to the tech tomorrow. The driver side is the only one bowed the rest look just fine, not sure if its something the installer did or if its just not fixed yet in recent lifts or if I got an older lift somehow.... I will let you know what they come up with, but looks and drives great other than that issue. Oh and some sensor went out while it was on the lift so my ABS and Service 4wd lights are on but they cant seem to get the part in to fix that either. Which means that the cruise control and stuff like that do not work. Fun times.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Got my jeep back from having the lift installed yesterday, on a lift that just came in last week. Driver side has bow passenger side does not.
Pics?

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes please do keep us posted I want to know what they say because I'll be doing mine soon

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Stretched the jeep out a little today and now the spring is rubbing on the bump stop just driving down the road. POS lift.

014AADF3-0AC6-41DA-8239-720CEC9DCB9A.jpeg
The springs in those pictures are all sorts of F'd up. Wrong metal, tempering, or something

For what it's worth, I have a 2013 JKU. I installed a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift on mine in my driveway. My rear springs bow slightly to the rear .... slightly ... which is a pretty well known phenomenon on JK's. Fronts are straight though, like they should be.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has the bow. The only problem it has caused is in my head. No handling issues, no rub, and I took it off road Saturday. It performed flawlessly from full compression to extension, over and over. I still dont like that it bowes, but if I didn't know it was there, I'd be in pure bliss over how it performs. The shocks are amazing, btw.

I'm still hoping for a fix, but I'm driving it as if the problem didn't exist until then. 2500 miles on it now, btw.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Here ya go

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg
Must be installed wrong... @JeepCares should he take back to the dealer who installed it so they can tell him the bow is because it was installed wrong?! I mean the only reason there is a spring bow is because of poor installation right?! That's what you keep telling us as well as the dealers....#fakenews

Oh it's almost mid-April and still crickets on a real fix...latest news is they are denying there is an issue what so ever lol
Sponsored