wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Please let me know when the next one is. Maybe kick it off slightly later for those not so close. 😁
People roll through all morning. It usually starts at 8.30 and winds down about noon. So you're not late unless you arrive after 1130 as it starts to thin out about 11 or so and by noon, most if not all are gone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Looks like a good time & a great place to have a Jeep meet. I certainly look forward to these types of activities. Just need a break. But to get that, I may have to retire earlier. Oh well, definitely looks like everyone had fun!

Keep 'em coming. Certainly looking forward to more trip pics & vids from y'all.
:like:
I vote for retire earlier. Money can be made, you can not get time back. One of the things that a mentor of mine said one day was, "retire as early as you can. There are things that you will enjoy doing in your fifties, that you may not enjoy in your sixties or may not be able to do. You can not get your time back. You can learn how to live on the money that you have."

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
That’s awesome that you host these events! Wished I lived closer but you may have inspired me and others to become more active in the Jeep community. Good on you guys!!

And when you are rolling home after your 11 month trip, stop by for a coffee and dinner!

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
That’s awesome that you host these events! Wished I lived closer but you may have inspired me and others to become more active in the Jeep community. Good on you guys!!

And when you are rolling home after your 11 month trip, stop by for a coffee and dinner!
For this to happen, you would have to PM me your location so that I can drop it on my google map. I drop points of interest on my map so that as I travel, I know there is something close by that needs me to look at it.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
I vote for retire earlier. Money can be made, you can not get time back. One of the things that a mentor of mine said one day was, "retire as early as you can. There are things that you will enjoy doing in your fifties, that you may not enjoy in your sixties or may not be able to do. You can not get your time back. You can learn how to live on the money that you have."
I like the way you're thinking. But, it looks like the city suckered me into 2 more years. Pensionable, retention bonuses means I stay 2 more years & retirement will be at next promotion level up. About an extra $10,000 a year. So, looks like I may be leaving at 57 instead of 55. Enough of me...

I can't wait to see your posts/pics/videos on that upcoming Alaska trip! Wife & I will be in Alaska at the end of this month on a bucket list fishing trip. Wish I could bring the Jeep, but we may at least do the Denali Jeep tour.

Be careful, be safe, & have a great trip!
:captain:

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I like the way you're thinking. But, it looks like the city suckered me into 2 more years. Pensionable, retention bonuses means I stay 2 more years & retirement will be at next promotion level up. About an extra $10,000 a year. So, looks like I may be leaving at 57 instead of 55. Enough of me...

I can't wait to see your posts/pics/videos on that upcoming Alaska trip! Wife & I will be in Alaska at the end of this month on a bucket list fishing trip. Wish I could bring the Jeep, but we may at least do the Denali Jeep tour.

Be careful, be safe, & have a great trip!
:captain:
I look at like this.... Say you make $60,000 in retirement. You work two extra years, and during that time, you did not draw that $60,000. For a total of $120,000 of retirement dollars that you gave away. You work the extra two years to earn $10,000 more a year. It will take you 12 years to earn back the $120,000 that you gave away. So in reality, you will be 69 years old before you benefit at all from the extra ten grand a year. If you make more than $60,000 a year in retirement, it could take you many more years to earn back the money you gave away.

For instance, lets say your retirement paid $80,000 a year, then you gave away $160,000. Then it would take you 16 years to earn back that money putting you at 73 years of age before you seen a return on your additional two years.

Only you know what you need to live on and what your time is worth.

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
God Bless you and your wife Ted. You both are an asset to the Jeep community. I wish I lived closer, I’d definitely join.
P.S. your property is beautiful.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
God Bless you and your wife Ted. You both are an asset to the Jeep community. I wish I lived closer, I’d definitely join.
P.S. your property is beautiful.
Thank you.
Sponsored