wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So about every month or two if we are home and not out wheeling, we host what we call Coffee with the Wiborn's. It is a Jeep gathering for good coffee and a morning fire under a big walnut tree. Fellow Jeepers stop out about 830 am and we drink coffee and talk about Jeeps, and what ever over a morning fire. Moab EJS 22 was talked about and two houses in Moab was reserved around the fire yesterday. It is also a good time for people that are new to the local Jeep community to meet other Jeepers. Not really sure how many people and Jeeps rolled through yesterday, but I did snag some photo. I hell them to bring a chair and their own coffee mug.

I run two coffee pots and at times struggled to keep up. The coffee of the day was Highland Grog. I make the coffee out of the back of the camper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627894518605

Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627894595440

Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627894636943

Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627894664618

Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627894711899

Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627894912303

These two Jeeps are doing the 11 month trip with me out west from Arizona to Alaska in 22.
Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627894782979

Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627894818009

This Jeep and its driver has done driven to and done all the badge trails, Many of them multiple times. He is called the Legend. He is a super guy and often a resource for me and he is the one that has inspired many of the trips that I have taken. Super helpful and just a all around good guy.
Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627895126470

I have wheeled many times with this guy. He puts a beating on this TJ.
Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627895232264

My wife loved this Gladiator..
Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627895282135

This guy Jeep travels and wheels with me. Work has been beating him down lately and this was the first time in a month since his Jeep has been out of the garage.
Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627895354080

The guy that bought this Jeep a few months ago, Stopped out to the house and I showed him how to use the Jeep he had bought. We talked about when to use 4h vs 4L, why you would disconnect your sway bar, airing down tires, how to use recovery tools, like winch, straps, soft shackles, and so on. where to find places to wheel and off road resources in general. Nice guy and he and his wife just started wheeling in their fifties.

Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627899467960

Nice older Rubicon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627898532666

The guy that owns and wheels this Gladiator is a true ride and die friend. We have motorcycled, rode ATVs and Jeeped all over the place in the last 20+ years. I called him one time and said, Hey my motorcycle is not running right, can you come get me? I was in St. George Utah, he was in Lansing Michigan. To put it in perspective, that is 1,900 miles away. His response was, I will hook up the trail an be on the road in 15 minutes. Not once did he say, you have to cover my meals, fuel, hotel or anything. Just hey I will be on the road in 15 minutes. Love him like a brother. He has also rolled this Gladiator on its side. He wheels hard. While his job has moved him over 100 miles away, He is always close by.

Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627898894090

Many people rolled through out the morning.
Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627899006560

I brewed 18 pots of coffee through out the morning. I am asked to do this often as everyone that attends always has a good time. The next one will probably be in September as I have one weekend that we will not be gone and August is already full.

Jeep Wrangler JL Coffee with the Wiborn's 1627899584440
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Very cool! Got me wishing I lived closer to Michigan. The folks around here talk mostly about what to name their new Jeep.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

damn, i need out of this state and closer to states with people who know how to have a good time. Looks like y'all had a blast!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The folks around here talk mostly about what to name their new Jeep.
They settled on Gina. As in, tell Gina, I’m coming for that ‘gina!

Re coffee… I’d attend. I’ve been to the coffee and cars here in various parts of the DFW and NO THANK YOU. :)

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
They settled on Gina. As in, tell Gina, I’m coming for that ‘gina!

Re coffee… I’d attend. I’ve been to the coffee and cars here in various parts of the DFW and NO THANK YOU. :)
I second this in DFW - no thank you

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome Ted. Hope I'm home for the next one.

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
This is great! Hope I can find a group of Jeepers like this here in MN.

Heck…I’m only a couple states away and I’ve always wanted to visit MI. Maybe one day I’ll come visit your great state just to attend “Coffee With the Wiborn’s!”

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Two things:

1) Arizona -> Alaska sounds EPIC. Please document and share.

2) If the coffee + cars in DFW suck, we should just start new ones. I'm out on the West side in Benbrook, let's find a spot.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Two things:

1) Arizona -> Alaska sounds EPIC. Please document and share.

2) If the coffee + cars in DFW suck, we should just start new ones. I'm out on the West side in Benbrook, let's find a spot.
yes on both counts! I'd love to do a trip to Alaska. Had also told my wife just yesterday I'd like to do Moab next year.

JStuke

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Ted, what an awesome group. I am in Rochester, MI and would love to join your group. I am also in my 50's bought my first Jeep (2019 Wrangler JLU Rubi). Only done local offroad so far. Was supposed to go to Moab this summer but my son's high school graduation delay messed up my trip. Would love to learn more from experienced off roaders.

Jeep at Holly ORV.jpg