Sponsored

C'mon Bestop give the JL some Love (#1 on my list)

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Those are perfect. Exactly what I was hoping to find, hopefully they'll be out for the JL by next summer.

Thanks for posting.

Dpacew1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I spoke and emailed with Bestop last week asking about their fabric doors. On the call, they said the fabric doors would be available in the spring and in th email, they said the summer. Just an FYI.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
I spoke and emailed with Bestop last week asking about their fabric doors. On the call, they said the fabric doors would be available in the spring and in th email, they said the summer. Just an FYI.
I've noticed the dates are pretty much arbitrary. Anytime I see dates for soft tops, they are constantly moving. I know alot goes into development, but I would rather have a hard date several months out, than to just keep moving it each time. But that's just me.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
To be fair to Bestop, there are alot more JKs out there than JLs. Makes $en$e to make those first. I would expect them to be available for the JL in the next year or so. Anyone hear a price yet?

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I appreciate and echo your desire for gear.

Bestop is soon releasing, as you may know, its Sunrider for the JL and “rumor has it” they’re still busy making tops for another vendor.

I won’t mention their name, only their initials. FCA

Seriously: its hard for Bestop to just throw more people at demand because production involves specially trained people.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m new to Jeeps so please help me understand this. These doors look really cool as a gadget but how different is a half door from simply lowering a window? Or how different is taking off the top part and removing the lower insert panel from taking the doors off completely?

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Hey Jeep Noob,

Half doors have a lower top line than the full doors with the windows down. Apart from being super stylish in my opinion as that lower belt alines perfectly with the back tub line of the cargo area, it is also a practical feature when off road as you can hang out easier to take a look where you are on the trail.

These Bestop half doors with the insert panel removed might give people a greater sensation of safety but still have a more open air windy feel.

You just gotta like it I guess.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Check out these new doors for the JK, however they will be coming at some point to the JL, just do not know when

I wonder if they'll be able to be key matched to the key on your Fob like, say, the higher end MOPAR locking gas cap is.

Not, of course, that there drawing factor is security.;)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
They lost me with the upper piece. It is thick, so storage becomes a pain. Full soft doors, which I have on my JK, are think and can all be easily stored in the cargo area without taking up too much space. I do like the lower doors, though. They just need to make the top part the same thickness as regular soft door uppers, IMO.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey Jeep Noob,

Half doors have a lower top line than the full doors with the windows down. Apart from being super stylish in my opinion as that lower belt alines perfectly with the back tub line of the cargo area, it is also a practical feature when off road as you can hang out easier to take a look where you are on the trail.

These Bestop half doors with the insert panel removed might give people a greater sensation of safety but still have a more open air windy feel.

You just gotta like it I guess.
Thanks for the explanation.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey!

We will be announcing price and availability time for JK early in January. JL is the next application for these doors, and I know we are working on getting it to market fast, as demand is high! I will keep you all updated on the possible ETA for JL Core Doors.

CassieAtBestop

Check out these new doors for the JK, however they will be coming at some point to the JL, just do not know when

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@BestopTeam Cassie, any word on soft doors for the JL?

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
Did they mention whether the doors are secure-able? Not many will use them with the top halves and they appear super easy to pop off and take home.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey dan,

I think someone asked this earlier to, my apologies for the delay. With the holiday we have some people out and i wanted to get the correct answer for everyone. looks like they will go into production late Spring, as well get closer to Feb/March i will have a more detailed time frame.

Feel free to PM or mention me in a thread as that time approached for an update. I am also working on Posting updates in the Bestop part of this forum to keep everyone updated.

CassieAtBestop

@BestopTeam Cassie, any word on soft doors for the JL?
Sponsored