Sponsored

C'mon Bestop give the JL some Love (#1 on my list)

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
In the event you've missed it elsewhere...we shared a couple of weeks ago that we don't have a timeframe for production of Core Doors or the retractable sunshade for the JL. Unless something changes they won't be offered during 2020.

We know this is disappointing but we want to be more transparent regarding if/when products that we prototype or already have for the JK will come for the JL.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
That was posted in November 2019 and quite a lot of things did change.

Any news on the core doors for the JL? Thanks!
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Still a topic of discussion but unfortunately no, no news to report.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
With no Mopar half doors in sight and with so much interest in this forum (if you search) you guys are missing out on a crazy opportunity here.

I've seen people do reviews for the JK core doors saying they preferred the flexibility over the Mopar ones with no noticeable compromise in build quality.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I would say 2022 at the earliest given their recent comments. I'm paraphrasing, but in a different thread Bestop said they hadn't given up on the idea of core doors for the JL, but they were still a long way off. That's not very encouraging language.

Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
We, the JL owners, need Competition to Bestop. It "seems" they have gotten too big,complacent, and no longer cater to the enthusiasts. Products made in Mexico, and China, quality issues, high prices, lack of availability, and disinterest in new products begs for COMPETITION.
I'm agreeing. If I had to do it over again, I would have bought Mopar's soft top instead of Bestop's as the Mopar can fold all the way back to be uncovered in the back seats instead of just a sunrider for the front. The seal section on the rear tailgate also falls out so much that I had to remove it. I did compromise on their Element doors for JL (and will be VERY disappointed if they don't come out with the bags & covers for those plus the windows), but I had wanted the Core doors. The JL has been out for 2 years and it is THE model being sold today - why not have the products for it?

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Especially weird because this model has the most capability with multiple vehicles. Any door has 3 vehicles it can be purchased for.

I think Bestop is waiting for mopar half doors too, seeing as I assume they will use the same window for both, so they can share market with the windows.

Funny that of all the "Jeep" things for them to keep they chose the folding windshield and even made it easier but not half doors. I'd eager a lot more people would do half doors then will fold down a windshield.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, I agree. I really hope a different company comes out with half doors that can take a soft upper window just for rain. I won't use them during the winter so it doesn't have to be military grade or anything, just a soft upper that can block most of the rain in the spring/summer/fall.

If JCR would just thicken up those awesome aluminum trail doors they already have and make them into proper half doors, offer them in JL colors (or heck I guess just black would be fine) and add some slots to slide in an upper window, they'd sell like crazy.

Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Yea, I agree. I really hope a different company comes out with half doors that can take a soft upper window just for rain. I won't use them during the winter so it doesn't have to be military grade or anything, just a soft upper that can block most of the rain in the spring/summer/fall.

If JCR would just thicken up those awesome aluminum trail doors they already have and make them into proper half doors, offer them in JL colors (or heck I guess just black would be fine) and add some slots to slide in an upper window, they'd sell like crazy.
JCR is working on exactly this above.
Not sure where that is coming from, but we are NOT working on making our trail doors anymore sealed to the elements than they are now, nor will we be offering them in colors other than black. Looks like Bestop offers the soft uppers now, so we will put the doors on the list for a redesign to accept those when we can.

Last edited:

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Looks like Bestop offers the soft uppers now, so we will put the doors on the list for a redesign to accept those when we can.
When that happens, I'll be getting a pair for my new 2-door. Looking forward to them :)

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I think you took that the wrong way.

I don't think they called you out and only you getting a pm would allow the rest of us to keep believing it.
Sponsored