Sponsored

C'mon Bestop give the JL some Love (#1 on my list)

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I know.

We wanted to get it out there as we've seen so many people talking about these products that we didn't want to keep kicking the can down the road. Better to know than to keep asking and not getting any definitive info back.

Again, sorry for the disappointment. On the update side our JL fabric doors should be shipping mid-December and the Trektop Ultra for JL shown at SEMA is currently looking like spring 2020 availability.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, I think I knew/expected core doors won't be 2020. But the safety of my daughter is worth more than anything, so I'm willing to wait however long it takes. Could always get a pair of the fabric doors just for the front in the summer.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Yea, I think I knew/expected core doors won't be 2020. But the safety of my daughter is worth more than anything, so I'm willing to wait however long it takes. Could always get a pair of the fabric doors just for the front in the summer.
I totally understand. As more JLs get into the hands of customers it will raise the priority to get a Core Door fitment sorted out.

Our JL fabric doors are right around the corner and should start shipping middle of December. We also have our Element Doors available now for the JL and Gladiator but, for your needs, I'd recommend them only for the front.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
This thread is heartbreaking. I was really hoping for some good news on the Core Doors for
next summer.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I have a JK with factory half doors. I am ready for a JL or JT but can’t and won’t get a new Jeep without half doors. For me it’s what the Jeep is all about. The experience is so different with them. I prefer something like the factory version or Bestop Core that come with upper half’s that you can carry with you and close the Jeep if and when it is about to rain. I hope we didn’t loose this side of Jeeps. It’s hard to wait.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
I have a JK with factory half doors. I am ready for a JL or JT but can’t and won’t get a new Jeep without half doors. For me it’s what the Jeep is all about. The experience is so different with them. I prefer something like the factory version or Bestop Core that come with upper half’s that you can carry with you and close the Jeep if and when it is about to rain. I hope we didn’t loose this side of Jeeps. It’s hard to wait.
I feel your pain. I’m patiently waiting for some nice half-doors to come to market. The JCR’s look okay from the outside, but I *need* some uppers, and I’d love to have something that looks more finished on the inside.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
You took the words out of my mouth. Agree 100%.

I feel your pain. I’m patiently waiting for some nice half-doors to come to market. The JCR’s look okay from the outside, but I *need* some uppers, and I’d love to have something that looks more finished on the inside.

Red-5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rebelcon
Vehicle Showcase
In the event you've missed it elsewhere...we shared a couple of weeks ago that we don't have a timeframe for production of Core Doors or the retractable sunshade for the JL. Unless something changes they won't be offered during 2020.

We know this is disappointing but we want to be more transparent regarding if/when products that we prototype or already have for the JK will come for the JL.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
:(

Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Well with off-road events being cancelled at the start of our very short summer, I guess I can wait until 2021 to get a JL core door set. Still looking for these by early 2021! (edited May 11, 2020 - I can't wait!)

Last edited:

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I totally understand. As more JLs get into the hands of customers it will raise the priority to get a Core Door fitment sorted out.

Our JL fabric doors are right around the corner and should start shipping middle of December. We also have our Element Doors available now for the JL and Gladiator but, for your needs, I'd recommend them only for the front.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
OK, I can't wait - the Element doors look pretty good, with an option to cover them when that kit is out, plus there is a rebate right now. Hopefully a top section can be fitted as well like the JK's.
https://images.rallysportdirect.com/image/upload/v1589206386/nr_rebates/2020/BestopDoorsMay2020.pdf

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/half-doors/51740-01-bestop-element-front-doors-matte-black (also on Quadratec, etc but I bought @ Northridge - see the $100 gift card since this SKU may not be on the Bestop Rebate)

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/bestop-highrock-4x4-front-element-doors-51740-01/_/R-BDKW-51740-01
"Turn your Element Doors into lower half doors with optional enclosure kit, sold separately "
Something like this: https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/besto...nclosure-kit-black-51803-01/_/R-BDKW-51803-01

Uppers apparently coming soon (in both fabrics): https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...lement-front-upper-fabric-doors-black-diamond

I also considered the Warn, Rugged Ridge, Quadratec (some of these come with mirrors), and some cheaper $250-330 type options, but the $100 gift certificate/rebate + future lower & upper upgrades from Bestop as well as wanting to avoid rattle that the cheaper products might have made up my mind.

Last edited:

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I think I'll wait for either core doors or OEM doors (if they ever happen ) .
I've started to like the idea that they are waiting due to them probably making the uppers for the OEM half doors and wanting them to work for both to make them easier to make. I'm probably wrong though.

I can't imagine with all the different element doors out there that they don't see the market. Plus they've had the JL longer then anyone haven't they?

OneEyedHito

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 2-Door
I think I'll wait for either core doors or OEM doors (if they ever happen ) .
I've started to like the idea that they are waiting due to them probably making the uppers for the OEM half doors and wanting them to work for both to make them easier to make. I'm probably wrong though.

I can't imagine with all the different element doors out there that they don't see the market. Plus they've had the JL longer then anyone haven't they?
OEM ½ doors for the JL that they showed at the Auto Shows and Launch events were scrapped by FCA, these Bestop Core Doors will not be this year. I pulled the trigger on a set of JCR Off-road Aluminum ones to be paint matched. Not ideal and will preclude me from buying Bestop's Core doors down the line if they ever come to market but nonetheless needs something for my JL. Had these Mopar ones on my JKU and they were best case all around:

67558944-7B19-4D76-B6F4-2FC1868B0D0D.jpeg

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I more meant they have the fitting already since they already pretty much prototyped them.

I too had a jku with half doors and really miss them. I didn't think they looked so good on the 4 door, hence why I went with a 2 door this time.

Jeep Wrangler JL C'mon Bestop give the JL some Love (#1 on my list) 20151126_124448
Sponsored

Last edited: