Sponsored

C'mon Bestop give the JL some Love (#1 on my list)

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Yes, the doors have locks on them and you can secure them. Are you asking as about securing where the hinges are?

CassieAtBestop

Did they mention whether the doors are secure-able? Not many will use them with the top halves and they appear super easy to pop off and take home.
Sponsored

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the doors have locks on them and you can secure them. Are you asking as about securing where the hinges are?

CassieAtBestop

Yes, sorry for not being clear.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey dan,

I think someone asked this earlier to, my apologies for the delay. With the holiday we have some people out and i wanted to get the correct answer for everyone. looks like they will go into production late Spring, as well get closer to Feb/March i will have a more detailed time frame.

Feel free to PM or mention me in a thread as that time approached for an update. I am also working on Posting updates in the Bestop part of this forum to keep everyone updated.

CassieAtBestop
Thanks, Cassie! The soft doors are one of my favorite and most essential mods on my JK. I look forward to having them on the JL!

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I wonder how well they can be color matched :) Half door plus tube door in one is an awesome idea.

Sponsored

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
Thanks, Cassie! The soft doors are one of my favorite and most essential mods on my JK. I look forward to having them on the JL![/QUOT

Yes, me too. Will be purchasing as soon as available. Used to hang my JK doors in my garage from June to September. Had Bestop soft doors I kept in my trunk/cargo space to throw on of bad weather or just got too cold on the highway at night. Would love for them to be available by summer.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
IDK the JK version is $3K pretty spendy

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I was told this fall when I talked with them
Yep, sounds about right. Well, my thinking is that no doors is much cheaper than soft doors. Gotta find the positive somewhere!

I'm not Bestop, obviously, and I can only begin to guess at what kind of manufacturing or design snags they may be hitting, but it's insane how much money they're probably leaving on the table. I would've snapped these babies right up, even if they were over a thousand bucks. But the longer I go without them, the luster fades and I realize how I'm fine without them. I'll still get them some day, I'm sure, but probably not at full price and maybe from another company (if anyone makes something similar).

Same thing happened with the sunrider for the hardtop. Totally would've bought that thing at the dealership no questions asked if they had them available last February, but I've gone so long without it now that I'm 100% not getting one. Just not worth the money, and I learned I can stomach the three-ish months of hardtop before putting my soft top back on.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yep, sounds about right. Well, my thinking is that no doors is much cheaper than soft doors. Gotta find the positive somewhere!

I'm not Bestop, obviously, and I can only begin to guess at what kind of manufacturing or design snags they may be hitting, but it's insane how much money they're probably leaving on the table. I would've snapped these babies right up, even if they were over a thousand bucks. But the longer I go without them, the luster fades and I realize how I'm fine without them. I'll still get them some day, I'm sure, but probably not at full price and maybe from another company (if anyone makes something similar).

Same thing happened with the sunrider for the hardtop. Totally would've bought that thing at the dealership no questions asked if they had them available last February, but I've gone so long without it now that I'm 100% not getting one. Just not worth the money, and I learned I can stomach the three-ish months of hardtop before putting my soft top back on.

Try $3000 ($2000 for the doors and $1000 for the tops)

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Well, that is officially ridiculous.
I see they have jk doors for 400, not 1000.

Edit: whoops I see core doors are 1000, element doors are 400... wow

I like that they have tube door that you can toss a cover on. In northern CA we get hot days and then ocean fog rolls in at evening half doors are alot nicer at night