CMM Mirrors 1 month Review

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So I have had my CMMs for about a month now. I am posting this review because at nearly $300 they are expensive, and can cause some serious buyer's remorse, if you are not well versed on what you are buying. After going through 3 other set of mirrors, I finally plunked down the cash to buy the CMMs. I gotta say I do like them. To make this post as short as possible I will simply list the pros and cons below. Bottom Line, I have no regrets and would buy again. The peace of mind you get with these mirrors that don't shake, don't rattle is nearly priceless.

Pros
  • They don't shake
  • They don't rattle
  • they don't whistle
  • The don't require readjusting every time you close your door
  • They don't require readjustment due to highway wind
  • You can actually see objects in them, rather than just looking for a colored blur with other mirrors
  • The look stock
  • great build quality
  • Easy enough installation
  • Once initially mounted, they can be put on and taken of quickly by hand (no tools required)
Cons
  • They cost almost $300
  • Thy are kinda small (like dirt bike mirrors). I just don't understand why CMM didn't make them larger.
  • The arms could be considerably longer. If the arms were maybe 1" or 2" longer it would position the mirror at a perfect angel to see the road and a slice of your jeep. Instead you wind up seeing more of your Jeep's body than is necessary, which ultimately ends up being a waste of mirror real estate (definite room for improvement here.
Despite the cons I would buy these again in a heart beat. The simple peace of mind of not having to think about them is worth the cash. If your on the fence then pull the trigger. I doubt you will have any regrets.

IMG_20200707_160305.jpg
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
One thing I will say is make the extra effort to dial them in. Both the angle and position of the mirrors changes the field of view and when you get it right it is pretty good. Not the same as stock but very effective.

I think the design is intended to be a trail mirror as well so smaller round mirrors fits the aesthetic and function better for that.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
I actually just ordered the new security nut for it. You have to install with a special included tool but makes them so they can’t be stolen. Yes they are pricey but I agree they were totally worth it.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I actually just ordered the new security nut for it. You have to install with a special included tool but makes them so they can’t be stolen. Yes they are pricey but I agree they were totally worth it.
There is a security nut?

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I purchased them about a month ago and after the two weeks it took to get them I will say they are well worth the money. I have been in mechanical design for a few decades and work for a defense contractor. These components manufacturing is top notch and I was actually amazed at just how well they are machined. The quality of the design is fantastic. Would also buy them again.

1C991F1B-EA76-486A-A899-15DD3AC1E7F4_1_201_a.jpeg

760518E7-CF9A-4488-A644-9317009B5679_1_201_a.jpeg

17692421-D3FB-4E6C-93A1-052132A8B4BE_1_201_a.jpeg

DC5408BE-C882-4960-829D-97E42F09A742_1_201_a.jpeg

D69EC7BB-84A6-4C10-89AD-3AA2EEDDC899_1_201_a.jpeg

Ingrum

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport; 2018 Jaguar F Pace
I've had mine the same amount of time and agree with this assessment. Longer arms and slightly bigger mirror would make a big difference.

Also, I was surprised that the finish between the arm and the mirror didn't exactly match.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Would agree with the pros listed above. Would buy again and have used them quite a bit.

As far as the cons, I paid only approx $230 for my set. There was a discount tat he time. I think the size and position is spot on for the style of driving I use them for but I can see your point.

Sponsored

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Have had mine about a month. Mounted them low and switched out the mirrors. Obviously not as expensive as Aftermarket stereo or wheels/tires but expensive mod and completely worth it. No movement or rattle even at 80mph. Feel much safe with them.
32C38E96-91EC-42F6-9792-638AF88D7F12.jpeg

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
Have had mine about a month. Mounted them low and switched out the mirrors. Obviously not as expensive as Aftermarket stereo or wheels/tires but expensive mod and completely worth it. No movement or rattle even at 80mph. Feel much safe with them.
Jeep Wrangler JL CMM Mirrors 1 month Review 32C38E96-91EC-42F6-9792-638AF88D7F12
What mirror is that? I just mounted mine and I am going to need a bigger mirror. Too hard to backup a trailer with the original mirror.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
What mirror is that? I just mounted mine and I am going to need a bigger mirror. Too hard to backup a trailer with the original mirror.
I bought the rectangular mirrors on Amazon but they are also available on Ebay. The mirrors are Grote 12072 black with stick-on convex mirrors. (I suspect the CMM mirrors are also Grote mirrors or something almost identical in round). You will have to remove the mounting post from the round mirrors that come with the CMM and replace the threaded mounts on the Grote mirrors. All you do is pry the mirror and rubber surround out of the metal mirror housing and unscrew the mounting hardware. They are exactly the same size swivel ball. Be careful, the CMM mirrors are glued into place and I broke one of them when I removed the housing. The Grotes come apart easily.
Jeep Wrangler JL CMM Mirrors 1 month Review Mirror Mount

john_k

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '12 GTI DSG, '13 MX-5 GT 6MT, '16.5 CX-5
...After going through 3 other set of mirrors, I finally plunked down the cash to buy the CMMs.
^^^ This. I’ve heard the old saying “I can’t afford to buy cheap stuff.”

As a Jeep newbie, I bit the CMM US$239.39 bullet right off the bat after lots of reading and YouTube videos on the CMM mirrors, and all the other options out there.

Placed my order on July 22 and anxiously waiting for them to ship. Right away, I knew of a two-week availability delay, but it sounds like it will be well worth it.

As a Canadian, I am using a freight forwarder out of Niagara Falls, NY. If you know, is the box over or under 10.0 lbs with both mirrors and the 1” balls?

As for the security nuts, I like the other security option they showed in the video about them, LOL.

Thanks for the review and other comments. Can’t wait for the mirrors’ arrival.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
^^^ This. I’ve heard the old saying “I can’t afford to buy cheap stuff.”

As a Jeep newbie, I bit the CMM US$239.39 bullet right off the bat after lots of reading and YouTube videos on the CMM mirrors, and all the other options out there.

Placed my order on July 22 and anxiously waiting for them to ship. Right away, I knew of a two-week availability delay, but it sounds like it will be well worth it.

As a Canadian, I am using a freight forwarder out of Niagara Falls, NY. If you know, is the box over or under 10.0 lbs with both mirrors and the 1” balls?

As for the security nuts, I like the other security option they showed in the video about them, LOL.

Thanks for the review and other comments. Can’t wait for the mirrors’ arrival.
Pretty sure it is under 10 lbs, it’s all aluminum.
Sponsored