Sponsored

Clutch took a dump.

Inka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Mine would occasionally squeak, but not consistently. Seemingly no pattern to good clutch days vs bad clutch days. Warm/cold and heat/humidity not much of a difference. Just got off phone to dealer- they are now replacing the entire pedal assembly. Great.
Sponsored

Inka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Mine would occasionally squeak, but not consistently. Seemingly no pattern to good clutch days vs bad clutch days. Warm/cold and heat/humidity not much of a difference. Just got off phone to dealer- they are now replacing the entire pedal assembly. Great.
Ok, I went to the dealer to pick up my jeep after they called to say it was ready and had been test driven by the shop foreman. When I got in and was ready to drive away, I push in the cutch and it was obvious that the clutch had NOT been repaired correctly and had NOT been test driven. The clutch was worse than when I brought it in. Needless to say I was NOT happy and I had a conversation with the Service Manager. I'm back in the loaner through the weekend and will hopefully hear from them on Monday. This incident is not building much confidence in my dealer's service center...

PM sent to @Jeep cares

LabradogOA

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Well, this just happened to my Rubicon JLU this weekend. I drove it on Friday and thought the clutch just does not feel right. At first, I thought it was just my imagination but it still persisted. Then it dawned on me that the slave cylinder could be bad.... a short search on the forum and I find that I am not alone. I will be calling the dealership tomorrow. I sorry that others have the same problem, but thanks for posting it helps others confirm what might be wrong before we head to the dealership for the repair.

Just an update.... I received my JLU back from the dealer last week. They replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders as well as the clutch pedal assembly. So far so good. It took a few days for the clutch pedal "feel" to return to normal, but that was not unexpected. The dealership was very good about the repair and the the service writer checked in with me a few days later to make sure the JLU was performing well.

A side note, I did not notice any fluid leaks prior to the failure. I do have to say that I was not paying attention to the fluid level in the reservoir either, that will not happen again. If you have a manual, periodically check the clutch reservoir (the back section of the brake master cylinder reservoir). If the fluid level is down.... take it in.
Sponsored