Clutch Reservoir Tube recall

Angelo

First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl Sahara and Jeep jl sport
My 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL was in for and ABS stability control issue and the service team decided to do this recall. This work was performed in Stamford CT at Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram City service center. Needless to say the recall had to be re-done at another service center and it came back looking totally different. I didn’t know transparent tape and a zip tie was part of the fix. Basically all the hydraulic fluid came out and my clutch stop working while I was driving. Real safe!! They had my car for almost 2 months and this was how I got it back. In total the car was gone for almost 4 months and the ABS module was replace twice.

90C9FAA8-48EF-43F9-A92C-42E9A0013C29.jpeg
Advertisement

Attachments

Abramovich

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
OP
OP

Angelo

First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have never heard of that recall for 2018 Wranglers. Do you know the recall. Not a safety recall?
There have been 9 safety recalls issued from NHTSA
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/jeep/wrangler/2018/reliability
they told me it was a recall
See pic
My 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL was in for and ABS stability control issue and the service team decided to do this recall. This work was performed in Stamford CT at Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram City service center. Needless to say the recall had to be re-done at another service center and it came back looking totally different. I didn’t know transparent tape and a zip tie was part of the fix. Basically all the hydraulic fluid came out and my clutch stop working while I was driving. Real safe!! They had my car for almost 2 months and this was how I got it back. In total the car was gone for almost 4 months and the ABS module was replace twice.

the other service center that re-did the recall said it was a Check W12 recall

OP
OP

Angelo

First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

four low

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

This is worse than imbecilic, this should be turned in to Jeep Cares, at the very least. The "Dealership " that performed this " repair" should be closed immediately.
This embodies our worst nightmares concerning the lack of expertise and knowledge that some dealerships display.
Great way to not only kill the Jeep enthusiasm, but also whoever would be in the vehicle...

JeepCares

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Hi Angelo, can you send us a PM with your VIN and dealer name?

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Hoover your mouse over the Jeep Cares window to the left of their post and a window will open ...at the bottom there is a few options, click on start conversation. write in your reply and send.

OP
OP

Angelo

First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Angelo, can you send us a PM with your VIN and dealer name?

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Hoover your mouse over the Jeep Cares window to the left of their post and a window will open ...at the bottom there is a few options, click on start conversation. write in your reply and send.
thank you!

OP
OP

Angelo

First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is worse than imbecilic, this should be turned in to Jeep Cares, at the very least. The "Dealership " that performed this " repair" should be closed immediately.
This embodies our worst nightmares concerning the lack of expertise and knowledge that some dealerships display.
Great way to not only kill the Jeep enthusiasm, but also whoever would be in the vehicle...
Thank you so much for your post. I have been dealing with this for four months and just have this feeling that won’t go away. I feel like something is being brushed under the rug. I would truly hate to see anyone go through something like this! Thank you again! I have been dealing with Regina Knox at the FCA Group. Now that I have the car back she does not respond. I have asked several times to speak to someone higher and she said there is no one for me to speak to. She also said they handled the issues with the service center privately. I don’t think this should be private. I have requested a refund/replacement and it has been denied. Thank you so much for helping me bring attention to this. This is my first Jeep but my husband has had 10 and has bought many from the dealer that owns the service center that did that repair. He even reached out to the owner and has heard nothing.

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2D Manual
OP
OP

Angelo

First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2018 JL and a recall on the clutch. It's my 3rd recall and they also still haven't fix the radio issue.
We have 2 2018 Jeep JL.s 1 is a sport s the one this post is about. And the other is a 4 door Sahara and the clutch was replaced at 9,000 miles. It was covered because my husband has had 10 Jeep’s and some of them were purchased at the dealer that did the service and he has never had a clutch replaced before.

JeepCares

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2018 JL and a recall on the clutch. It's my 3rd recall and they also still haven't fix the radio issue.
Would you like some help setting up an appointment? Feel free to send us a message if you'd like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Advertisement

Northridge4x4

Advertisement