Sponsored

Clutch Recall - new clutch pics

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2020
Having no access to information other than what you guys have posted, I'd still be willing to bet the new clutch, while physically identical, is probably significantly different (stronger springs, etc) in ways that are not visible. I doubt that they'd just throw parts at something as important and potentially dangerous... This from a long time mechanic.
Let 'er buck.
Oh its important I will be persuading california where it came from. They said they fixed. Chrysler made it right they are giving me refund to buy another. I dont think I will get that same one. Please all jeep people take this serious.

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1596829137149_6697586837260708391.jpeg
Sponsored

covodin

First Name
Din
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 Door
Hey do you happen to have the part numbers for all those new parts?
I need to order it but cant find it anywhere

JeepAtLast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 64 FI Vette
Occupation
Service Writer
Their ( Jeep/Chrysler/Stellantis ) fix is to detune the engine when it reaches a certain temperature.
How they determine the temperature is rocket science since there are no temp sensors in the bell housing!

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Their ( Jeep/Chrysler/Stellantis ) fix is to detune the engine when it reaches a certain temperature.
How they determine the temperature is rocket science since there are no temp sensors in the bell housing!
Only Jeep engineers know exactly. However, I think it is probably easy for the current wheel speed, shift position, clutch position (in/out) and engine speed sensors to collectively tell if engine is spinning faster than it should. If it is then that would indicate slippage.

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had the clutch recall done on my 2018 and I didn't notice any less power BUT what I did notice was there was a lot less rev-hang. I'm wondering if the rev-hang (increase in RPM's ) is contributing to the over heated and high heat clutch issues?? I picked up a new 2022 and I barely have any rev-hang.

58Willys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I had the clutch recall done on my 2018 and I didn't notice any less power BUT what I did notice was there was a lot less rev-hang. I'm wondering if the rev-hang (increase in RPM's ) is contributing to the over heated and high heat clutch issues?? I picked up a new 2022 and I barely have any rev-hang.
I just had the clutch recall done a couple of weeks ag; and yes - the rev hang is way better! Interesting!

TahoeTaylor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Calling all manual JL owners!! I found a law firm that is taking inquiries on the JL clutch recall. I urge everyone to take a minute to fill out their intake form at the link below. It’s super fast. Spread the word!!! FCA / Stellantis NEEDS to be held accountable for their negligence in dealing with their clutch issues. Maybe if there’s enough interest we can get a class action going. It’s not about the 25 cent postcard we’ll each get in 10 years after the suit is settled, it’s about holding them accountable!

https://www.schmidtandclark.com/jeep-wrangler-recall-lawsuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara
My 2022 is like this too. You have to push the clutch in fast otherwise you get a lot of shudder. That can't be good for it either.

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
Calling all manual JL owners!! I found a law firm that is taking inquiries on the JL clutch recall. I urge everyone to take a minute to fill out their intake form at the link below. It’s super fast. Spread the word!!! FCA / Stellantis NEEDS to be held accountable for their negligence in dealing with their clutch issues. Maybe if there’s enough interest we can get a class action going. It’s not about the 25 cent postcard we’ll each get in 10 years after the suit is settled, it’s about holding them accountable!

https://www.schmidtandclark.com/jeep-wrangler-recall-lawsuit
This seems to be a positive development in the clutch odyssey but I'm always hesitant to disperse my personal data online.

Sponsored

Sid845

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited V6 manual
My clutch is getting replaced for the recall. I told my service advisor that I wanted to see the old parts compared to the new and I got the call Friday to come and look. Here's some pic's, I'm not seeing any difference between old and new.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall - new clutch pics USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1596829137149_6697586837260708391

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall - new clutch pics USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1596829137149_6697586837260708391

new flywheel (no pic of the old one)

It looks like there is a bearing in the original flywheel to support the transmission input shaft. From the pictures I've seen, the Centerforce flywheel does not support the input shaft, is that a problem with the Centerforce flywheel?

I also have questions about the clutch issue being caused by air in the hydraulic clutch line preventing the clutch from fully disengaging, leading to clutch failure. In my experience, failure of the clutch to fully disengage makes it hard or impossible to shift into gear. I haven't heard any one complain about not being able to shift gears when they engage the clutch with the failed systems.

Did replacing the clutch fix this issue? I got a letter about the 19A clutch recall and it said that they don't have a remedy yet.

ScottieScout

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
My clutch is getting replaced for the recall. I told my service advisor that I wanted to see the old parts compared to the new and I got the call Friday to come and look. Here's some pic's, I'm not seeing any difference between old and new.

new flywheel (no pic of the old one)

It looks like there is a bearing in the original flywheel to support the transmission input shaft. From the pictures I've seen, the Centerforce flywheel does not support the input shaft, is that a problem with the Centerforce flywheel?

I also have questions about the clutch issue being caused by air in the hydraulic clutch line preventing the clutch from fully disengaging, leading to clutch failure. In my experience, failure of the clutch to fully disengage makes it hard or impossible to shift into gear. I haven't heard any one complain about not being able to shift gears when they engage the clutch with the failed systems.
See the blue and green paint marks. As a quality engineer I believe those are inspection marks, usually done after a quality spill. Required by a second or third party. Usually not a good sign.
Sponsored