Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
When you say “how bad it had become”, what exactly was it doing?
Slipping, grinding some shifts, some shifts hard to shift. Play in the clutch pedal--when fixed, I almost stalled the first few shifts since everything now happened immediately instead of mushily.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Got my appointment today. I take the Jeep in next Friday, Aug 17. I'm not so bothered about them keeping it for awhile now, as they have set me up with a Gladiator as a loaner! I told them to take their time with it! Lol! I hope it is a Rubicon, but that would be pressing my luck.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I've called my dealer every month since March. Still no parts, but I am sure they are still selling manual Jeep's.

Anyone else navigate a "we still have no parts" process successfully? Seems as though I might want to demand an inspection, have pictures submitted, then possibly Chrysler will get their heads out of their collective asses to fix this issue?
I had to go in to the dealer so they could verify the VIN and maybe verify it was a manual. They had my Jeep for 40 minutes to then tell me they were ordering the part. I told them I gave them all the info so I didn't have to make two 1.5 hour roundtrips. They told me the parts we hard to get (we are talking about an adhesive lined tubing cover after all) and it would probably be about 2 weeks to receive the part.

I called them after two weeks and they told me the part was in and was told they were going to call me that same day. I made the earliest appointment and it took 45 minutes for them to install the sleeve, remove the plastic hose clamp and then bleed the system. I had no issues before the first visit with the clutch or transmission and haven't had any issues since.

I love the Jeep, but there is a reason I have done all my own service.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
oh found out this wire just hanging there.......Tech replacing the battery when girlfriend/boyfriend texted “I’m home alone” wtf
5B344836-D88B-4134-84CA-0CCE83798109.jpeg

4F0802C6-84CF-4602-8BCC-EA1758D092C2.jpeg
What dealership is this? Is it Tuttle-Click Jeep in the Irvine Auto Mall? I was raised in Mission Viejo so I know the area. I will make sure to go somewhere else if I need something I can't do when I am visiting my mom or sister.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
What dealership is this? Is it Tuttle-Click Jeep in the Irvine Auto Mall? I was raised in Mission Viejo so I know the area. I will make sure to go somewhere else if I need something I can't do when I am visiting my mom or sister.
Huntington Beach Jeep. Tuttle click Irvine is even worse. Two years ago I brought the locking gas cap to them for rekey, because only amazon has it in stock back then. Guy A straight told me the key is “laser cut key” not keyable. Then another advisor told me it’s for jk not jl. Then the parts guy yelling at them saying it’s not OEM. You have to have a iq greater than 10 to speak that kind of bs.

Sponsored

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2020
Every single manual in the JL/JLU line is affected.

Anyone know at this point if it is still safe to drive?

Someone posted pictures of pieces shooting through their engine. Just trying to figure out. Lucky for me, I have another vehicle to drive if I need too.

As a note, I have smelt the burning smell coming from the clutch, and thought it was because it was new. Now, I am beginning to wonder.
Me to then this happen
Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] IMG_3068

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2020
I got no notice directly but the mopar recall site has my jeep on the list. Not sure there is anything to do right now since "Remedy not yet available."
Had mine a little over month went to SE Iowa to help daughter who is homeless with three babies and this happen.

IMG-2146.jpg

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2020
Yep! Nothing to do right now. This cluster f#%k should be interesting. My Ford had an outstanding recall for two years while waiting for parts.
Take it in make sure your on list for repair and don't drive or they will blame you

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2020
Glad everyone is okay!
So they did honor the recall. Please don't drive till fixed mygranddaughter was in passenger seat where hole is floor matte saved her from injury. Im still real upset it was sold like that to me. Came from california they stated they fixed it in May after they acknowledged the recall. Two grandsons 5 an6 in back and 11 year old in front. I have seen them burned to ground in searching.
Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] IMG_3059
Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] IMG_3059

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I'm going to take a peek inside that inspection cover with my borescope, the amount of clutch dust in there should be a great indicator of wear VS miles.

Sponsored

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2020
Glad everyone is okay!
So they did honor the recall. Please don't drive till fixed mygranddaughter was in passenger seat where hole is floor matte saved her from injury. Im still real upset it was sold like that to me. Came from california they stated they fixed it in May after they acknowledged the recall. Two grandsons 5 an6 in back and 11 year old in front. I have seen them burned to ground in searching.
IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2020
So sorry to see this! If we can help with anything, please feel free to send us a message with your VIN and some more details.

We can help. To get started, send us a PM with your VIN and whatever dealer you'd like to use.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Investigation is completed. Thanks

Screenshot_20200808-083716_Gmail.jpg

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure my pilot bearing is going out at 12k miles. I thought it was a bad rocker arm (known issue with the 12-17 models) because it sounds exactly like a loud hemi tick. However it stops when I press the clutch. I think the dual mass flywheels might be causing the pilot bearings to fail.. who knows. Now I have to find a dealer who can provide a loaner vehicle because the jeep is my daily driver...

I've owned over a dozen vehicles in my life and more than half have been manual trans. I've run a few of those over 150k miles w/o issue so it's not my driving. And at 12k miles?? Definitely some defect.
Sponsored