Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
death asbestos smell?

I occasionally have a smell after driving well but I thought it gave off more of a bad catalytic converter type smell.
I meant darn.... not death...lol
Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I just had the TSB for loud AC fan completed along with the clutch recall, and it feels like a new Jeep. Clutch better with smoother engagement and the TSB has alleviated the tach RPM blip up between shifts, and she pulls better from low RPM's even in 3rd gear where the stumble is all but eliminated. That TSB must have also altered the timing on the engine, love it so far...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just had the TSB for loud AC fan completed along with the clutch recall, and it feels like a new Jeep. Clutch better with smoother engagement and the TSB has alleviated the tach RPM blip up between shifts, and she pulls better from low RPM's even in 3rd gear where the stumble is all but eliminated. That TSB must have also altered the timing on the engine, love it so far...
That sounds great! Do you have the TSB number?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was supposed to take mine in today, but I'm postponing it at least 2 weeks, maybe 3. I've got some time off and I'm not spending it with my Jeep sitting at the dealer waiting for parts. (Not sure it needs a clutch, but not taking the chance.) Anyway, what are others seeing in terms of parts delivery time?

The good news is the dealership confirmed they will have a Gladiator for me to "test drive" while waiting. We'll see how long that deal lasts if my Jeep has to sit there a week or more, LOL!

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds great! Do you have the TSB number?
look it up on the forum, i just showed them it on my phone, maybe the other things are in my head but that blip up in rpms between shifts is gone, that I can visually verify!

Sponsored

JT_SportS

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MT Wrangler Sport S
My dealer says parts are not to be released until June 30, but who the hell knows.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I was supposed to take mine in today, but I'm postponing it at least 2 weeks, maybe 3. I've got some time off and I'm not spending it with my Jeep sitting at the dealer waiting for parts. (Not sure it needs a clutch, but not taking the chance.) Anyway, what are others seeing in terms of parts delivery time?

The good news is the dealership confirmed they will have a Gladiator for me to "test drive" while waiting. We'll see how long that deal lasts if my Jeep has to sit there a week or more, LOL!
Auto? Lol

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe
Occupation
Re-Tired

Mine's been in for a month now...still waiting.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Auto? Lol
The Gladiator? Of course. I doubt they have a manual. Either way, it'll be a fun diversion. They may sell one because of it. My brother is seriously considering selling his Camaro ZL-1 1LE and getting a Gladiator Rubicon. I hope he does. Love the Camaro, but I'd love him to be able to go on some Jeep trips.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine's been in since May 20. So it will most likely be 7 weeks before I get it back.
Wow. That right there is exactly why I'm holding out. That and the fact I've not seen, felt, or smelled any evidence of an issue. Should that change, It'll go in and I'll wait.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When the recall first landed, I called my dealer, they put me on a list with my VIN. When the appropriate parts arrived, they called, I made appointment, and in and out in less than 2 hours, which included clutch recall, sterrring recall, and loud AC TSB. Clutch feels better now, probably just from the bleed. Anbyway, why are so many of you guys having to wait and leave your jeeps? Are you all getting new clutches???

SunnyBuck1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2017 Honda CRV
When the recall first landed, I called my dealer, they put me on a list with my VIN. When the appropriate parts arrived, they called, I made appointment, and in and out in less than 2 hours, which included clutch recall, sterrring recall, and loud AC TSB. Clutch feels better now, probably just from the bleed. Anbyway, why are so many of you guys having to wait and leave your jeeps? Are you all getting new clutches???
Wow, So you didn't have to go in for pictures, then wait for parts? Your experience is what I expected. I need to look for a new dealer....
Sponsored