Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Good morning Allison. Nice to know that Jeep cares, because I’m really getting the feeling that they don’t give a damn at all. My husband has been calling FCA every day, for over a week. All he gets is the runaround, and told that someone will call him back!! NO ONE HAS. I have also contacted Jeep via Facebook messenger. Basically the same thing. They ask a question, I reply and days later they ask another. Yesterday it was what is your Vin number? I replied immediately, and I still haven’t heard anything. I bought my Jeep to drive it and go places with it. Not so it could sit at a dealership collecting dust and baking in the sun. when I dropped the vehicle off for the recall, I was told it would be a couple of days. It is over a month now. I have reservations for a trip next month, and it has passed the cancellation window. Is FCA going to reimburse me for the deposit that I now cannot get back? There is NO honesty. There is NO communication!!! I feel like FCA got my money and that’s all they care about. I had so much faith in this company until now. I am in total disbelief that you can treat your customers this way. Lie after lie, BS after BS.
And YES, I sent a message to JeepCares on this forum and still have not received a reply.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern?

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well im about to leave for the dealer, they reported the recall complete to FCA but I have no new clutch and no sleeve, nothing has been done. Time to involve my legal counsel.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe
Occupation
Re-Tired
Update:

I hear many of you out there are hearing the same script from your Service Managers. Some nicer than others. Mine's been good so far.

I had to trade my loaner for another truck...They offered to loan me a new Wrangler ...Screaming RED :-O !!!!

...No Trailer Hitch :o(

NO Boating 'til the clutch is fixed...?????
I took the truck.
Kudos to Enterprise Rental though, they tried .

If my Wrangler is still off the road after boating season, I'll try for a swap for the RED Machine.
Update #2

Chatted with the Service Adviser yesterday. He is sympathetic...It's been parked on their lot now since 25 May, waiting on parts. He said they ordered the Clutch Kit.
The latest ETA is July.

Snake_Charmer

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern?

Alison
JeepCares
Somebody from JeepCares has contacted me. There is a case open with FCA. My husband is waiting for a phone call from them. This is very frustrating and I feel that we have been kept in the dark and lied to. When we took this vehicle in to the service department at the dealership where we purchased it, they told us it would be there a couple of days. It is over one month now. This is unacceptable.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Back from the dealer, amazing, "we don't know why it says the recall is complete" and "clutch kit was sent last week but it's lost, we need order another one". A couple of my favorite snippets.

Sponsored

Snake_Charmer

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Back from the dealer, amazing, "we don't know why it says the recall is complete" and "clutch kit was sent last week but it's lost, we need order another one". A couple of my favorite snippets.
Sounds like you’re getting fed some too...

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Well im about to leave for the dealer, they reported the recall complete to FCA but I have no new clutch and no sleeve, nothing has been done. Time to involve my legal counsel.
Sounds like they used your kit for some one else. Now you have to wait for the parts ordered for that person to arrive for your recall to be completed.

Ktmracer21

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR
Sorry to hear about your luck. The service advisor just called me, they were waiting on another part that didn’t come in but should have it back tomorrow. (Full clutch replacement). I’m interested to see what I get back tomorrow, I can promise if it isn’t correct, they’ll have a nice chat with my attorney!

EMTJEEP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
According to my dealer they ordered the parts at the end of may and have all the parts except the flywheel. They said that they do not have an eta as it is not provided by the warehouse it is being shipped from and they said that it can arrive by tomorrow or next month. I've contacted my case manager and he's out of the office but spoke with another case manager and said that they can contact the dealer and get the order number and contact the parts warehouse and request for it to be expedited. Well see the case manager calls me back tomorrow or hopefully the flywheel magically arrives tomorrow or Friday.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For all that are waiting for parts and delayed, are you in a loaner or rental?

Taking mine in tomorrow. I did the clutch dump in my driveway twice, once before driving and again after getting home. When cold it stalled but after driving for a while and then dumping and sputtered for a while before stalling. So toss up as to what the dealer will do. Haven’t even hit 3k miles.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Somebody from JeepCares has contacted me. There is a case open with FCA. My husband is waiting for a phone call from them. This is very frustrating and I feel that we have been kept in the dark and lied to. When we took this vehicle in to the service department at the dealership where we purchased it, they told us it would be there a couple of days. It is over one month now. This is unacceptable.
Bet it was all of those people with manual transmission orders waiting for months to be built causing the problem. They've been complaining all the existing vehicles are getting the parts. Back when the J L first came out and had problems you couldn't get replacement parts because the factory was using them all. Now both sides can't.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sounds like they used your kit for some one else. Now you have to wait for the parts ordered for that person to arrive for your recall to be completed.
That's what I gather too. I'm giving them until tomorrow to give me an update and then escalating.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Update #2

Chatted with the Service Adviser yesterday. He is sympathetic...It's been parked on their lot now since 25 May, waiting on parts. He said they ordered the Clutch Kit.
The latest ETA is July.
It's time to lemon law it, it qualifies and there's no excuse as FCA could have all the parts they want (especially now when they haven't been making new ones for a while.)

The same should be done for anyone whose car has been down over the limit mandated by your local laws.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's time to lemon law it, it qualifies and there's no excuse as FCA could have all the parts they want (especially now when they haven't been making new ones for a while.)
Not a very good chance on them agreeing to lemon law a recall.
Sponsored